Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
21,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've finally got my press mounted and put together, it is indexing fine but the case feeder mechanism keeps hanging or jumping the track pending on where in the cycle it feels like messing up.

The instructions that came with the press are garbage, I've seen the Lee videos and even some good stuff on YouTube, it looks to be installed correctly. Any ideas? I'll try and take some pictures later on, but right now I've got the case feeder off and will just load the cases manually.

I was fighting with this thing for about 2 hours today trying to get the indexing right which I did manage to do...GO ME! But the case feeder is still kicking my rear. I kept telling myself that "You should have bought a Dillon" throughout those 2 hours, but for $150 fully set up for .45ACP I couldn't beat it. Eventually I probably will get a Dillon 550 but this should do for now.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
So I've finally got my press mounted and put together, it is indexing fine but the case feeder mechanism keeps hanging or jumping the track pending on where in the cycle it feels like messing up.

The instructions that came with the press are garbage, I've seen the Lee videos and even some good stuff on YouTube, it looks to be installed correctly. Any ideas? I'll try and take some pictures later on, but right now I've got the case feeder off and will just load the cases manually.

I was fighting with this thing for about 2 hours today trying to get the indexing right which I did manage to do...GO ME! But the case feeder is still kicking my rear. I kept telling myself that "You should have bought a Dillon" throughout those 2 hours, but for $150 fully set up for .45ACP I couldn't beat it. Eventually I probably will get a Dillon 550 but this should do for now.
If it doesn't work correctly, it's not that much of a deal. :wave:

There's a reason Lees are cheap - I mean inexpensive. :hand1:

If someone gave me a lee press - any of them - free, I'd still buy something else. :danceban:

That said, I'm sorry you are having the problem.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I never had a lot of luck with the case feeder on my lee pro 1000,in the time it takes to load the tubes you can manually load them 1 at a time,My Dillon 550 with case feeder isn't too bad,but It doesn't feed rifle cases so Its a pain for me to load em with the bulky case feeder in the way,my next Dillon will be a 650

·
Registered
140 Posts
JD, the only issue Ive had with my loadmaster is when the case feeder is full, the weight from top cases like to make the feeding case tilt. Do you have the height set up right, just above the feeding case? Another thing, is with the ram up set the case feeder base as close to the press as you can get without touching. I waxed the top surface (carwax) where the shell rides untill its indexed, and that helped some. I'm not exactly sure what jumping track means.

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts

I broke my pro1000 and the case feeder never worked at all. I have a dillion 650 and have never looked back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts