• ambidextrous

Votes: 21 24.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so which hand do you shoot with? Do you practice with the other? I am left handed. I write left handed, bowl left, golf left, throw left BUT I shoot right handed! Only things I do right handed is play guitar and shoot. I can shoot left handed but I shoot a lot better right handed. I am right eye dominant, maybe thats the reason I'm so mixed up! :)

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I am hardcore right handed. My left hand is useful only for catching a baseball and holding the fork while my right hand cuts the steak. I try, on occasion, to shoot left handed and I can get the rounds downrange, but accuracy is severely impaired to the point of being embarassing. Guess I need to spend more time on it.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
99.9% right hander - but do try hard to get that left hand doing some shooting!!

Not made easier by having an old fractured left elbow from several years ago - darned thing won't go straight any more - oh well - adapt and improvise :wink:

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
LH mostly, but I can and do shoot some RH as well. I tend to switch batting ect RH. Alot just depends on the activity.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Left hand :hand36: & left eye, but for some reason right hand works well too with my left eye.

Groupings a little more consistent with my left hand but my right hand doesn't tire out as quickly when I dry fire (still getting the action smoothed out!)

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
some right, some left, most of the time both.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I voted ambidextrous because I can do almost everything either handed although some things are better done right handed. Writing legibly comes to mind.:yup:

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
I shoot right handed mostly. I do practice some left handed shooting every trip to the range. I had a major fall several years ago and the final diagnosis was sprain, strain, break, jammed and painful. Broke one bone, sprained wrist, jammed fingers, strained the elbow, and tore the labrum in the shoulder. Fortunately no rotator cuff damage. Had surgery to repair labrum last August, but the wrist hurts everytime I shoot left handed. I can't find any exercise that will help that. I wish I could shoot better left handed since I am left eye dominant.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
I use either hand equally well. I use whichever hand is available.My primary gun is on my right hip and my BG is in my left pocket. If somthing is in my right hand and I need to access my gun I go for the BG. this has been my way of doing things all my life.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I am in the same boat as Soonerjh. I am an odd ball. I am right handed and left eye dominat. I shoot pistol mostly right handed and carry right handed but am just as good and shoot just as often left handed. I do however shoot rifle and shootgun off my left side. Call me crazy but I think I have some wire crossed somewere.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I am naturally right handed but on my department we have a segment of our qualification shoot that requires left hand shooting. We use our own hostage type target, at three yards; three shots to the head of the hostage taker strong hand, three shots same location weak hand; all unsupported. I don't necessarily relish the idea of taking out a hostage taker with a handgun but, the scenario is supposed to be a no option last ditch situation. Any hits anywhere else -5 points. Time frame is about 8 seconds.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I am an odd ball. I am right handed and left eye dominat. I shoot pistol mostly right handed and carry right handed but am just as good and shoot just as often left handed. I do however shoot rifle and shootgun off my left side. Call me crazy but I think I have some wire crossed somewere.
Im in the oddball catigory also
I try not to shoot handguns lefty very often. Im afraid it might make bad habits for me.

·
Banned
189 Posts
Right handed. My left hand is pretty much usless whan it comes to anything that requires skill. I really should practice shooting lefty though.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I'm right handed, but I will run weak-hand drills.

I shoot my USPc fairly well with my left hand, sometimes even better than my right - go figure. :blink:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I write and eat with my left hand, but throw, play guitar, mandolin, etc with my right....
due to having a motorcycle wreck in 94 which resulted in a broken left arm I had to learn to write and eat with the right....
Also had to learn to shoot with the left one....
comes in handy sometimes....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts