Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm amazed at how fast I got my PA non-residential permit. I'd say less than 2 weeks from the day that I mailed the application.

I gained a handful of states, but the ones that I needed were Texas and North Carolina because that's where I own property and will visit the most.

I'm a happy puppy! :danceban:

·
Registered
473 Posts
NICE !! :bier:

·
Registered
764 Posts
did they call your references?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Please explain something to me. This might be a dumb question but I have a concealed permit to carry here in North Carolina and the reciprocity laws say that I am legal to carry in Penn. and Texas already. Why would I need to get non-resident permits from those states?:embarassed:

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
Please explain something to me. This might be a dumb question but I have a concealed permit to carry here in North Carolina and the reciprocity laws say that I am legal to carry in Penn. and Texas already. Why would I need to get non-resident permits from those states?:embarassed:
If you re-read the OP, you'll discover he owns property in NC and VISITS there, not resides there. That is why he needs a non-resident PA permit, which covers him in NC and TX.:wave:

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
Congrats on the new permit Boricua.:35: I got a PA non-res permit a few months ago primarily because it gave me TX, where my brother lives. For some reason OH and TX do not recognize each other's permits. PA arrived in less than two weeks, whereas NH took four months. NH adds Mississippi and Alabama. Now that I have it, I may not bother renewing PA, since NH covers 2 additional states, but that is a few years down the road.:wave:

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you re-read the OP, you'll discover he owns property in NC and VISITS there, not resides there. That is why he needs a non-resident PA permit, which covers him in NC and TX.:wave:
Lets say I live in N.Carolina but want to VISIT Texas or Penn. Can I not use my permit from North Carolina in these states since the reciprocity law says that both states honor my permit? I am really missing something here. I went to Savannah a while back to visit and since that state, and states in between,honor my permit, I wouldn't need a non resident permit from those states would I?...... :confused:

·
Registered
809 Posts
Lets say I live in N.Carolina but want to VISIT Texas or Penn. Can I not use my permit from North Carolina in these states since the reciprocity law says that both states honor my permit? I am really missing something here. I went to Savannah a while back to visit and since that state, and states in between,honor my permit, I wouldn't need a non resident permit from those states would I?...... :confused:
You can, the OP lives in a state that doesn't have reciprocity with North Carolina and Texas. Therefore he had to get a permit from a state that does have reciprocity with NC and TX so he could carry there. Since you have an NC permit you are legal to carry in any state that has reciprocity with NC.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can, the OP lives in a state that doesn't have reciprocity with North Carolina and Texas. Therefore he had to get a permit from a state that does have reciprocity with NC and TX so he could carry there. Since you have an NC permit you are legal to carry in any state that has reciprocity with NC.
Thanks! Landric! :yup:..........Got it

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think that I should've given a little more background, huh...

I moved from NC to MN this past summer. I got my MN permit, but it is not recognized in TX or NC. Now, with the PA non-resident permit I can carry legally in TX and NC again.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
did they call your references?
I don't think they did. My references are co-workers and at least one of them would've mentioned to me that someone in PA called them asking about me. Maybe, they have a random system of calling references, but I don't know.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
I think that I should've given a little more background, huh...

I moved from NC to MN this past summer. I got my MN permit, but it is not recognized in TX or NC. Now, with the PA non-resident permit I can carry legally in TX and NC again.
From the looks of the weather forecast for the rest of this week and next, you may REALLY regret that move. The word "Blizzard" was used several times and WITHOUT the words "Dairy Queen" :haha:

·
Registered
764 Posts
My PA should be here soon!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts