Defensive Carry banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Please explain something to me. This might be a dumb question but I have a concealed permit to carry here in North Carolina and the reciprocity laws say that I am legal to carry in Penn. and Texas already. Why would I need to get non-resident permits from those states?:embarassed:

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you re-read the OP, you'll discover he owns property in NC and VISITS there, not resides there. That is why he needs a non-resident PA permit, which covers him in NC and TX.:wave:
Lets say I live in N.Carolina but want to VISIT Texas or Penn. Can I not use my permit from North Carolina in these states since the reciprocity law says that both states honor my permit? I am really missing something here. I went to Savannah a while back to visit and since that state, and states in between,honor my permit, I wouldn't need a non resident permit from those states would I?...... :confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can, the OP lives in a state that doesn't have reciprocity with North Carolina and Texas. Therefore he had to get a permit from a state that does have reciprocity with NC and TX so he could carry there. Since you have an NC permit you are legal to carry in any state that has reciprocity with NC.
Thanks! Landric! :yup:..........Got it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.