Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I signed it, it is at 322 right now.

Blade Magazine - Blade Magazine Blade Blog

LEGALIZE AUTOMATIC AND DOUBLE EDGED KNIVES FOR HONEST CITIZENS YET OPPOSE THEIR CRIMINAL MISUSE - Petition.fm

A petition to support New Hampshire pro-knife bill HB1665 is up and running here. If you're not educated, click here to read why Rep. Jenn Coffey hit a homerun.

The New Hampshire House will consider the bill later this year. For now, updates from Coffey can be found at knifelawonline.com.

The effect of petitions is often nil. Online versions carry even less weight. Should you even sign the thing? Yes. Definitely yes.

Unlike other petitions, this one has some heavy backers. Rep. Jenn Coffey herself signed the petition first. She also wrote it. Attorney and BLADE contributor Evan Nappen is another supporter.

The goal is 1,000 signatures. The tally stands at 78. How soon can you help?

Click here to sign the petition.

Dec. 28, 11:55 a.m.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I never did understand why, besides James Dean movies, automatic knives were a legal issue.
because law-makers are [insert expletive of choice] idiots...

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
because law-makers are [insert expletive of choice] idiots...
:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats:

and as a side-effect of the above....they try to make things safe by legislating what tools are legal/illegal

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Hope some other states wake up also!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Proudly signed. How are we allowed to carry a firearm and not a knife that simply opens faster? That's just silly.

·
Banned
45 Posts
Not just faster but that opens with a single hand. Which is convenient for everyday stuff but could be critical in a situation like you are in a car accident and need to cut your belt - or for self defense its probably a backup weapon that you are only going to deploy in hand to hand combat, you are probably already grappling on the ground and you are going to take two hands and open a knife? Argh.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
Signed!:hand10:

·
Registered
225 Posts
It's always p****d me off that I OWN several "double-edged" knives (Gerber Guardians).....but can't CARRY them anywhere!!!!
It's the cutlery's equivalent of a firearm's being a "safe queen"...!!:mad:
Really don't understand NH's rationale on this issue.....their firearm policies are comparatively relaxed.....
Here's hoping the measure passes...with flying colors!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Signed. I have carried an Auto knife since it was issued to me. My knife is used daily as a tool and would be employed for self defense if needed.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Signed!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm 480

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Only the uneducated should read about "Homeruns"? Who were they (the Homer-uns), and why did she hit them? :tongue:

Even though the effect of online petitions is often zero, one should do this one because it's in New Hampshire and the goal is only 1000 signatures?

Seriously though, it is interesting why knives are regulated at all. Criminality is already regulated. And criminals can easily make dangerously-sharp tools of the sort most useful to harm others. Just witness what prison inmates are capable of fabricating with nearly no resources.

Allow upstanding citizens to arm themselves. Stop criminalizing them. Then see where the chips fall. I believe we'll have far less crime overall, once criminals realize what a darned "dangerous" place the world is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts