Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
My co-worker told me the other day that the Lenny's sub shop right next to where we work is now posted as a no carry zone.

Today he and I went over there and sure enough, there was the stupid sign on the door. They, unlike most other places I have seen actually have a sign that meets the legal criteria for the signage.

Anyway, neither of us was carrying at the time as we were at work( :mad: ) but we went in, asked for the manager and when he came over we told him that we had seen the sign and we would gladly follow their wishes. We told him that, as we work next door, we typically eat there a couple of times a week but we wouldn't be doing that anymore and we would be sure to tell all the other people we work with who carry that they are posted. (this could be well over $1000 a week for them with the number of people that work with us who eat there just because of the convenience of the location) Then we both handed him the "NO carry = No $$$" business cards we both carry for just these kind of situations.

I also explained to him that I would be posting this info and the picture of the sign on several internet forums that have many, many members.

He thanked us for being civil about it and said it is the owners call on the sign not his. We told him we understood that and to please pass the info and cards on to the owner and he said he would.

So, one less place to eat but the possibility that we may sway another business to the common sense side with out courteous attitudes and civil tone.

If anyone in the Memphis Tennessee area is interested, the address of this particular Lenny's is:

521 S Highland St
Suite 101
Memphis, TN 38111-4303
Phone: (901) 454-7077

It is in the University if Memphis area, right across from the new condo where the couple of abducted from the parking garage and raped and shot this summer and where we had a nut running around the area with a shotgun robbing people and shooting them for no reason last summer. This particular Lenny's is in an area that really makes sense to carry in.

I plan to email Lenny's corporate HQ and ask if this is a company policy or just this one site.

**Please read entire thread prior to posting**

Attachments

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I really hope you sway them on this ordeal. I think it may take them a long time to see the bottom line if at all. Since you posted the address.......I could send them a get well card if you think that might help. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure, go ahead Ram Rod, that's why I posted it. Maybe I should post the phone number too....

Done

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
I wonder if they'd like to know that report of their foolish decision has made it all the way to Nevada? :image035:

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
I wonder if they'd like to know that report of their foolish decision has made it all the way to Nevada? :image035:
...and Florida!

Money talks...you keep pushing it...the sign will come down.:yup:

·
Registered
261 Posts
um...... good to know..... I would say the best way is to stop going to ALL Lenny's Sub Shops. We don't have them here, but sounds like a franchise, just let Corp. headquarters know that members from this forum will not be partaking of Lenny's subs. They may pressure the owner as well........

·
Registered
862 Posts
sounds like you handled it straight forward. like you had mentioned after a month of loosing around $1000 a week, they'll get the point. Keep up the great work!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Looks like Mike's on the right track, seems like a Memphis based franchise.

Lenny's Franchisor
8295 Tournament Drive, Suite 200
Memphis Tennessee 38125
Telephone: (901) 753-4002
Fax: (901) 753-4395
Toll Free: 1-877-705-SUBS (7827)

Let them know I won't be visiting any stores in the Panhandle of Florida if it's a corporate wide policy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think I will call and let them know that I will be passing through from Arkansas and will not be eating there. It might let them know how advertising works.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
good job

...and I like RamRod's idea of a get well card, sort of a get well/good luck on recovery of your lost business.....we need to have some printed, maybe sell them in the DC store :yup:

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
We don't have those sub shops where I live, but thanks for the post.

As I was walking my dog yesterday afternoon on the grounds of the nearby WV Dept. of Motor Vehicles building, I saw not one, but 4 or 5 "No Firearms" signs on the side doors. The Parole Office is located in there as well as some Telemarketing firm. I guess we can add that to the list of weapons-banned-for-law-abiding-folks now too, huh?

·
Registered
363 Posts
It must be that owner of the area franchise. We have a Lenny's in the shopping center with our gun shop that is not posted and all of our employees eat and carry there regularly. The manager is gun friendly and shops in our store as do a couple of his employees who are of legal age to purchase firearms. They have even told us that if we are too busy to go out for lunch, to just call them and they will bring lunch to us.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
There are no Lenny's close by. None in Clarksville. Nashville has about 5. I'll have to check the next time I'm in Nashville to see if any are posted.

TN Mike, can you post a pic of your business cards? I'd like to get/make a few for myself.

·
Banned
160 Posts
Looks like Lenny's is about to learn how well the Internet works to disseminate news, especially bad news.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I wonder if the Lenny's sub shop near my office has done the same thing? I quit going there after getting food poisoning once.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update

I got an email back from a lady at the Lenny's Corporate HQ. It was short and to the point but it was received by me just 7 hours after I sent it.:

Hi Mike,

Thanks so much for passing along your thoughts. I am sending your email to our franchisee. We truly value your business and I am sure she will respond to you.

Best regards,

Linda

Linda A. Costas
Executive Vice President
Lenny's Franchisor, LLC
8295 Tournament Drive Ste 200
Memphis, TN 38125
Phone 901-753-4002
Fax 901-753-4395
[email protected]
Lenny's Sub Shop - Fresh made Subs - authentic Philly cheesesteaks - Franchises Available
So, we'll see if the owner actually does respond to my email or not. I think I have actually spoken to the owner of this store and as I recall, she was a real anti-wack-o so I have my doubts that she will actually email me at all and if she does, I am not sure what to expect.

I'll update more if she responds.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts