Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a nice part of town. My neighborhood is comprised of $100-500k houses across the street from a nice country club, etc, etc.

A year or so ago, I found out a guy that lives down the street from me is a criminal/drugdealer; a cop told me when he came by to tell me my garage was open after dark.

I live across the street from a neighborhood park (1-2 acres) with a playground and a street light on each corner. A few months back, the light nearest my house was burned out and I noticed what appeared to be drug deals going on across the street from my house! A car would pull up, turn out its lights.... a guy would walk down from down the street somewhere, walk up to the window of the parked car for a few seconds, then off both parties went. I've called the cops a few times, but I try not to when I am noticed outside. The last thing I want is some bad guy getting upset with me for calling the cops and trying to seek revenge. I have a baby and a wife I don't want to get mixed up in all of it. The cops never catch the guys before they leave so nothing has ever come of my calls.

I notice the same thing a minute ago but with the streetlight on! Obviously I didn't call the cops because the driver saw me right out front. It's too dark and they are just far enough to where I can't get a license plate number.

Am I being a chicken about the whole deal? Do I need to go down to the police station and talk to a narc officer? What do I need to do to put an end to this potentially dangerous and criminal behavior going on so close to my house? If I do nothing, I can only assume it will get worse....... help me out.

·
Registered
449 Posts
You need to call the DEA or the Drug Enforcement Administration immediately. You dont want live under those conditions my friend. I totally understand being fearful to call the local police. Call the DEA and explain the situation. They will probably conduct an investigation and then arrest those slimly little worm losers. I cant stand drug dealers. I think they are the lowest form of life since they cannot become productive members of society.

I tell my friends that the legal system ought to round up the top drug dealers of the country and have a public hanging, and charge admission (over 18). The added revenue can then be forwarded to drug rehab centers all around the country to help treat drug addicted people.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
In that neighborhood of $100-500k properties the cops and DEA will probably jump all over themselves to make a bust. They will be looking at splitting the confiscated proceeds.

Michael

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I have the very problem with neighbors & the county dont seem to give a :banned: about it & i called the state police 2 times & they politely tell me they dont have the time or resources to deal with it & to call my local PD :mad:
2 seasons now they have gotten away with this & i cant even get away with cruising 5 over & to put icing on the cake they have 2 pitbull's that are always getting loose but thats another story :rant:
I have 2 very small children & its :banned: that we must always go outside armed because of danger always so close in our own yard :mad:

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
My specialty is narcotics work. The DEA isnt going to do squat about your neighborhood drug dealer. They concentrate their resources on the big fish. Sorry to say it, but the last couple of posts made me chuckle a little.

Keep hounding the local guys, but depending on the department, they may or may not have the expertise or man power to deal with drug complaints. Also, drug investigations dont begin and end over night. Often times, they are long drawn out affairs that takes months to wrap up for a variety of reasons.

You also want to find out if their is a local drug task force in your area. Call them direct.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I think the DEA would be very interested in your case. You have nothing to lose by calling them. Call anonymously. The goal is to nab the little slimy worms first, then hopefully that will lead to larger slimmy worm arrestst, and hopefully lead further up the human drug dealer garbage list. Indeed nothing can be lower in life than a human being engaged in the production, distribution, and sale of drugs.

Because of my hardline stance on drugs my friends tell me that I have should have gone into law enforcement. Too bad I cannot do aviation and law enforcement together. Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
265 Posts
Yup! like Sixto said...DEA are not gonna do squat. Local law enforcement is your best bet. Remember that your police chief/sheriff are elected official. Inform them that there is drug activity going on right in front of your house on a daily basis.

·
Registered
911 Posts
If DFW = Dallas Forth Worth area, perhaps talk to your NPO or look into Community Policing Programs available. You can also email (its on the bottom of the webpage) the PD for advice as to what to do.

·
Banned
5,252 Posts
Because of my hardline stance on drugs my friends tell me that I have should have gone into law enforcement. Too bad I cannot do aviation and law enforcement together. Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess you never heard of Customs Air Branch?

They are ICE now, but they still have Air. Rotary Wing Aircraft pilots are in demand too, from local to federal and everything in-between.

Now, as for the topic at hand, I think Sixto hit the nail on the head. Another approach is to complain to your city council and mayor. Start asking them why the local LEO's haven't solved this problem. When the mayor and city counsel, who are all elected officials by the way, start getting heat they start warming up the behinds of the police elders.

I would draft a polite letter to the mayor and cc a copy to all of the city council members and the Chief of Police. That should get some attention. Also, what about your local neighborhood association? Do other members perceive this problem? Go to a meeting and get involved. Ask around and see if they would be willing to start voicing the same displeasure with the elected and appointed represenatives.

Biker

·
Registered
433 Posts
Police Chiefs are political toadies. Use that to your advantage. If the local PD won't do anything go to your next city council meeting. When they have the open mic portion of the meeting stand up in front of the city council, the mayor, and all the residents attending the meeting (usually police chiefs attend these meetings) and tell them your problem. Tell them you informed the local PD (give names and dates) and you were give the brush off and that they refused to do anything. Paint the PD is the worse light, the ideal is to embarrass them into doing something.

Also write a letter to editor of your local paper and tell them how you asked for help and the police refused to do anything to get rid of this cancer in your community.

Also think about installing a surveillance camera in plain sight were they can see it pointing in the direction were they do their deals. The last thing a drug dealer wants is to be caught on camera while he's working. This may encourage them to go elsewhere.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I guess you never heard of Customs Air Branch?

They are ICE now, but they still have Air. Rotary Wing Aircraft pilots are in demand too, from local to federal and everything in-between.
There are many others too within federal, state and municipal LE (CBP A&M; LASD AB; LAPD ASD are in the top of my mind).

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Pilot slots are at a premium in law enforcement. It's rare to hire on as a pilot.

Case in point, my nephew is an Apache pilot in the National Guard with combat flying experience in Afghanistan. He's been a Border Patrol agent for 6 or 7 years now and still hasn't gotten a pilot slot. He was flying Huey's for the Guard when he joined the Border Patrol.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
There was a situation like this in my town, drug dealer operating in the open and no police action. Turned out the drug dealer was the chiefs nephew. Fortunately he was killed in a drug deal gone bad.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I know you don't want to get involved, but that is exactly what they want you to do....nothing! Invest in a good camera and start documented vehicles when they are stopped. Also, a good video camera mounted outside to document cars on the street. A good zoom lens will let you focus where you need to without exposing yourself. Once you have some information to provide the locals, they may be more willing to help you out. Just be covert.....no need to run into the yard and start clicking away while the deals going down........
PM me if you would like info or anything.......

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Continue making calls. Local, state and even federal agencies. If possible call from a cell phone and get a detailed billing, and keep it. This will show a trail where you have called them. If this doesn't get any results try your local city council about the problem, this may or may not do you any good. If it doesn't produce results, then escalate it to a level they won't like. Contact your local TV station. Getting the press asking questions of why nothing is being done about "reported drug dealings", is not something most police agencies like to deal with.

·
Registered
150 Posts
It is much better to write than to call. Keep copies of the paperwork, use terms like "...think of the children...", write your Governor, write your Congressman. Get your neighbors to write. Eventually someone will make a phone call for you and a police car will camp out on your street for a couple of days.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
As mayor I was very interested in every complaint about drugs. So was the Police Chief. That said, it takes the police time to get these guys off the street permanently. There are all kinds of hoops to get a search warrant and do things the proper way. Often they get lucky and get someone to flip then are able to arrest a dealer that just popped up. Meanwhile, some other suspect continues to evade prosecution even though they have been laying for them longer. Eventually, they always got their man. Sometimes it took longer than you would think.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
I might be a little more pro-active, but don't take my advice. I think I'd stand on that corner and if anybody pulled up asking for drugs, I'd take their picture and wish them a nice day.

Maybe you and some friends might like to set up a lemonade stand!

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Keep hounding the local PD. Contact the mayor, city manager (or whoever is in similar position), and city council folks. It will usually take several reports/complaints to show a pattern of activity to get the narcs units involved due to calls like this happening quite often.

DEA won't get involved unless they are already working on someone related to this or if some links are put together by the locals.

Keep calling

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
My specialty is narcotics work. The DEA isnt going to do squat about your neighborhood drug dealer. They concentrate their resources on the big fish. Sorry to say it, but the last couple of posts made me chuckle a little.

Keep hounding the local guys, but depending on the department, they may or may not have the expertise or man power to deal with drug complaints. Also, drug investigations dont begin and end over night. Often times, they are long drawn out affairs that takes months to wrap up for a variety of reasons.

You also want to find out if their is a local drug task force in your area. Call them direct.

It's amazing what people think they know about LE work by watching TV. Def. call the local task force if they are there, they are usually attached in some way to DEA or other Fed agencies for help. The investigation will not be a fast just like Sixto says. They are very drawn out. So settle in after you do make a complaint it will be a while.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts