Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never have we been more divided. And on our national Independence Day no less.

Five Arizona police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks coffee shop on July 4 after a customer complained to staff that she ‘didn’t feel safe’ with them there. The worker is said to have told them to either move out of the complaining customer’s line of sight or leave the premises entirely.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7219611/Five-police-officers-kicked-Starbucks-customer-complained-didnt-feel-safe.html

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Really, snowflake let me point out the exit you may use :twak:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
this must have been some kind of wacko person, was it the uniforms or the guns? It don't matter to me because I never go there.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
So they kicked out 5 customers who were minding their own business because one person doesn’t like police? Sounds like they should have told the lady to go find a safe space somewhere else.

·
Super Moderator
16,098 Posts
A group of Arizona police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks coffee shop on July 4 after a customer complained to staff that she ‘didn’t feel safe’ with them being there, reports say.
If she was that terrified she should have been the one who left. Problem solved. Personally I don’t go to Starbucks since I can find better coffee at a truck stop, not some sugared up creamed and flavored swill that may contain a teaspoon of coffee in a politically correct eco blessed cup.

·
Registered
790 Posts
this must have been some kind of wacko person, was it the uniforms or the guns? It don't matter to me because I never go there.
Ummm, my first response as an employee would be to question "WHY are you afraid of a LEO, what have you done or what are you planning to do that you are afraid of being caught at"? Second action would be to ask the LEO's to watch the person who complained I think they are up to no good. Oh and here's a free cup on me!

Though the elitist, snobby attitude that StarB***S gives off nationally is one reason why I've never been there. Let alone I hear the coffee prices are high, no coffee, latte, cappuchino is worth $$$bucks. I'm good with crappy McD's Ice Coffee or any Diners cup of coffee.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
I would think someone’s butt is going get jumped by Managemaent. Throwing out 5 local officers, not very smart.

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
That barista ought to be fired. Her action was an enormous lack of good judgement. She should hVe told the complaining woman to just turn her chair around so she could not see the officers it as an alternative to leave the premises.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
One would think that they are safer with so many cops there. I guess some people just hate cops. Anyway, it was poor judgement to ask the cops to leave.

Reactions: duane_wade

·
Registered
33,884 Posts
That barista ought to be fired. Her action was an enormous lack of good judgement. She should hVe told the complaining woman to just turn her chair around so she could not see the officers it as an alternative to leave the premises.
The barista violated corporate firearms policy, even with ill-thought-out good intent.

For all you Starbucks haters (haters gotta hate, even when you claim you don't/won't go there), I just returned from Starbucks, which is why I'm late to this party. The latte was great, no one got kicked out, and I know there was at least one gun on the premises. I do intend to return again.

It is so easy-and millennial like--to blame an entire corporation or business for the stupidity of an individual employee. If all companies were to fire all inept employees and/or fold up under public demands, there wouldn't be any companies left. True, typical shotgun response--blast everyone, both innocent and guilty. How about just dealing with the wayward individual involved and move on, nothing to see here. Some of you sound just like how you say "they" sound...

And I seriously doubt those officers will have to pay for their next cup of coffee at Starbucks.

·
Banned
359 Posts
Haven't been in a Starbucks in 3-4 years simply because I hate their coffee and the prices are absurd. Just can't get my mind around the attitude some people have towards law enforcement officers.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts