Defensive Carry banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Sorry. My "facetious" button was broken. But I agree with you.
You're fine and we're good.

Saw two local police in a nice restaurant yesterday having lunch. After I finished my lunch with a friend, I stopped by their table and said, "So this is how you spend our tax money". It was all in good jest and they knew it. We know our local police and we all get along great. It's a small community and nothing like some places where it seems to be an "us and them" thing.

In which part of the Shenandoah do you reside? Which town are you closest to?

·
Registered
34,758 Posts
Unfortunately too many corporations are actually ANTI things these days. Ben & Jerry's, Starbucks, and far too many. Oh for the days when all corporations were interested in was maximizing profits.......
And just what is Starbucks "anti" about? Can you show any evidence where Starbucks has stated it is anti anything?

People keep claiming that, but the fact is the company attempts to correct errant employee behavior whenever it happens. I don't know what anyone expects it to do otherwise.

·
Registered
275 Posts
You're fine and we're good.

Saw two local police in a nice restaurant yesterday having lunch. After I finished my lunch with a friend, I stopped by their table and said, "So this is how you spend our tax money". It was all in good jest and they knew it. We know our local police and we all get along great. It's a small community and nothing like some places where it seems to be an "us and them" thing.

In which part of the Shenandoah do you reside? Which town are you closest to?
Out in the mountains west of Woodstock/Edinburg.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
And just what is Starbucks "anti" about? Can you show any evidence where Starbucks has stated it is anti anything?

People keep claiming that, but the fact is the company attempts to correct errant employee behavior whenever it happens. I don't know what anyone expects it to do otherwise.
It has to be very difficult to have "millennial" employees. :yup:

·
Registered
34,758 Posts
It has to be very difficult to have "millennial" employees. :yup:
Any business that does not have a career-oriented base of employees is likely to be in this situation. Flipping burgers and passing them out the drive-through window isn't attractive to long-term loyal employees. Most are working their way through school at some level or just not educated nor trained to achieve much more.

My term with Starbucks was just such--nighttime/weekend employment to put a paycheck in my pockets while I completed a two-year degree. Of the dozen or so non-fulltime, none considered the job as a career. Only the manager and assistant manager were even fulltime employees.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Out in the mountains west of Woodstock/Edinburg.
I'm in western Prince William County about three miles from the mountains. Ever go to Melting Pot Pizza in Front Royal?

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Something is really wrong if that employee and manager weren't fired. And they need to provide free coffee to the entire police force.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Something is really wrong if that employee and manager weren't fired. And they need to provide free coffee to the entire police force.
Am willing to bet the barista is now on the unemployment line. Can't speak for the manager, but if that person agreed w/ the barista, he/she/it also needs to be canned. Starbucks is very sensitive to criticism, so am guessing they took definite action to correct the problem so it would not happen again.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Any business that does not have a career-oriented base of employees is likely to be in this situation. Flipping burgers and passing them out the drive-through window isn't attractive to long-term loyal employees. Most are working their way through school at some level or just not educated nor trained to achieve much more.

My term with Starbucks was just such--nighttime/weekend employment to put a paycheck in my pockets while I completed a two-year degree. Of the dozen or so non-fulltime, none considered the job as a career. Only the manager and assistant manager were even fulltime employees.
It must be very difficult to work along side "millennial" co-employees. :yup:

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Lived in PW and Manassas City for 42 years. Oh yes, love their Buffalo Chicken Pizza
I love their "All the Way" pizza. Nothing else like it.

If you haven't been to western PW county of late, there have been one heck of a lot of changes. Compared to just 20 years ago, the changes are mind-boggling.

Reactions: ShenandoahValley

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
I work with the exceptions to the norm, but from a military officer standpoint I think our country will stay in good hands.

During my frequent travels I meet with many Lt’s. Yesterday included one-on-one candid closed door career counselings between about a dozen O-1/2s and this crusty O-6. OMG they’re so young! But they’re still full of spit and vinegar, excited to be trusted to lead our airmen, are better educated and trained than I was at that point, and their future plans indicate a drive to serve that’s no less than any previous generations. When I stared at the old and busted one eyed warrior in the mirror last night, I felt good about the future of our AF.

There is still a core of our youth that isn’t anything like the stereotypes; they get it, and will do you proud.

·
Registered
34,758 Posts
That depends upon how much fun one wants to have messing with them.:image035:

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I work with the exceptions to the norm, but from a military officer standpoint I think our country will stay in good hands.

During my frequent travels I meet with many Lt’s. Yesterday included one-on-one candid closed door career counselings between about a dozen O-1/2s and this crusty O-6. OMG they’re so young! But they’re still full of spit and vinegar, excited to be trusted to lead our airmen, are better educated and trained than I was at that point, and their future plans indicate a drive to serve that’s no less than any previous generations. When I stared at the old and busted one eyed warrior in the mirror last night, I felt good about the future of our AF.

There is still a core of our youth that isn’t anything like the stereotypes; they get it, and will do you proud.
I would suspect that millennial military personnel, as well as L.E.O.s, first responders, etc. would be a cut (at least) above the general populace.
And that's encouraging, because the examples that I see in the millennial general populace look pretty pathetic.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I love their "All the Way" pizza. Nothing else like it.

If you haven't been to western PW county of late, there have been one heck of a lot of changes. Compared to just 20 years ago, the changes are mind-boggling.
My son is still there as are some of my wife's relatives. We only moved away in 15 and still get in there once in a blue moon.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
My son is still there as are some of my wife's relatives. We only moved away in 15 and still get in there once in a blue moon.
Parts of the area are fine and the development has been a real benefit for those who call this are "home". But some is a little over the top and does raise some concerns. I like Warrenton and Manassas and for us, Manassas is "going into town". We escaped Arlington in 1998 because it was just becoming a bastion of liberalism in thought and deed. Several things broke that final straw and sent us looking elsewhere for a new home. I grew up in the city of Falls Church and it hardly resembles what it was back in the 50's and 60's. Kinda of a shame.

Reactions: ShenandoahValley
81 - 96 of 96 Posts