Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the gunshow today, to pick up some ammo and browse all the junk that people bring. This is the first time I noticed a sign outside declaring all firearms must be unloaded. I ran into a bright young Sheriff's deputy and had a positive discussion about firearm rights and open carry. I only felt the need to correct him when he said "Guns kill cops like me" to which I replied "No, scum and criminals kill police officers, not guns." I think he may have been testing me because he poked me in the chest ( in a friendly manner) and said "You're right, and if more law abiding citizens carried we would all be safer" We then discussed CCW and carrying at the gun show itself. Turns out you can carry there, just not loaded.

Here's to you sir :bier:

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Sounds like an over all positive encounter with a police officer.

How was the gun show?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Not carry (for real, with real bullets and everything) at a...Gun Show.

Really?:confused:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Every gun show I've ever been to had a LEO standing at the entrance asking people coming in if they had any weapons. If so the weapons had to be unloaded, cleared and a ziptie put through the action.

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
Every gun show I've ever been to had a LEO standing at the entrance asking people coming in if they had any weapons. If so the weapons had to be unloaded, cleared and a ziptie put through the action.
:bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2:
Yet just another reason that I've not been back to a gun show in many years...:hand1:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yet just another reason that I've not been back to a gun show in many years...:hand1:
I agree that it is BS. Additionally, I haven't seen any decent deals at a gun show that are better than at my local gun shop. The positive side of gun shows that I have seen is that they usually have artifacts and memorabilia if you're into that stuff, and some guys to talk guns with.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
gun shows

i love gun shows. where else am i going to get beef jerky, Nazi memorabilia, and confederate flags, all under one roof?
that's why i go to gun shows. lmao. can't forget the corndogs ethier.
as mentioned before,not that big a diffrence price wise from a gun
and your local gun shop/ outdoors stores. (bass pro shops, gander
mountian, etc.) is nice to see what some vendors have to offer though.

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Plus every ND at a Show I've read about around this neck of the woods was from a vendor's gun -- not a concealed carry gun.

At the Hillsville show & flea market there are nearly as many guns outside the show as inside w/o a ND at those tables along the streets.

We have had Sportmen's shows with a fair number of gun vendors along with all the other vendor's, where carry was OK w/o any NDs.

Maybe if they dbl checked the vendors enventory....

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Del Mar... where? Maybe California Del Mar race track? Just curious since I was a deputy at events at that place, but it was a completely different venue.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Tha Alb. NM gun shows do not allow loaded weapons in the building either. You have to unload the weapon and leave the ammo up front with the State Police Officer doing the inspecting. On two occassions, I was CC'ing, and the LEO at the entrance asked me for my CCW license, the only time I have ever been asked to show it. The first time the LEO admonished me for having a round chambered, the second LEO just explained that no weapons can be loaded.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts