Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Apparently it's going to take a little longer for Bad Guys to understand the "Rules".
Point a gun at a LEO expect to get shot.
Shoot a gun a LEO, you will be shot ASAP.

All the Rioting in the World in your behalf will not bring your stupid rear back to life.
Don't do the Crime if you can't do the Time.
Unless you have a death wish!

Then the "Wish Fairy" will be right there with your high speed chest medal.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'll never understand criminals. You broke into a car ok stupid but not the end of the world. You would prob spend a few days in jail maybe a month. Now you fire at a cop, well if he was still alive he could have gotten a decade maybe 25 years jail time for attempted muder. If he killed the cop he could have got life in jail. So he turned something minor into him getting shot and killed. The only thing I can think is he had an illegal gun on him. In NYS that gets you 3 1/2 mandatory minimum. I don't know about his state what he would get. Good reason not to carry an illegal gun and be a criminal. Got him shot and killed. Even then it's a few years in jail or a couple of decades. It's like the Wild West they they try to shoot there way out. Even if he got away he is on camera and would be running for the rest of his life. I got in trouble before but never did I think of making the situation worse. I was breaking the law and got cought the end. It's like people that run on street bikes from traffic tickets. So you take a speeding ticket and turn it into a failure to comply and reckless driving both misdermeanors in NY. Even if you get away you risked your life doing so. I was a computer science major is college so I try to break everything down into logic. I just never understand their thinking. They commit a worse crime to get out of a smaller one. Ok my rants over.

·
Vendor
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well my wife's cousin was a cop who was ambushed and shot with a 12 gauge shotgun (just hit him above his vest under his right arm.
The shooter admitted to the shooting and only got two years for shooting a officer but got 12 for selling drugs.
That was in 1996 and Mike (officer who was shot) has had 14 surgery's with the last one being last year to fix damage that was done to him by the gunshot, he cant lift over 20 pounds to this day or he risk serious internal injury.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Some people will see this as the police killing a man for breaking into cars. Hope he really did have the gun in his hand and that they have video to prove it. I shouldn't even matter if he aims the gun at a police officer or not as long as he has the gun in his hand or his hand on the gun. The police shouldn't have to wait until a gun is pointed at them, I sure wouldn't want to if it were me.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Thank god no innocent person was hit by the bullet. Good job by the police. Glad all the good guys came thru it ok. One less BG to worry about.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well my wife's cousin was a cop who was ambushed and shot with a 12 gauge shotgun (just hit him above his vest under his right arm.
The shooter admitted to the shooting and only got two years for shooting a officer but got 12 for selling drugs.
That was in 1996 and Mike (officer who was shot) has had 14 surgery's with the last one being last year to fix damage that was done to him by the gunshot, he cant lift over 20 pounds to this day or he risk serious internal injury.
Wow that makes me angry. I wish I was the judge I would have rejected the plea deal. That's a shame should have gotten at least ten for shooting him.

·
Banned
3,343 Posts
I don't believe in escalating to deadly force inside a store filled with innocent customers on a car B&E. So the guy gets away with a stereo. Bullet went through a wall into the arcade. Is there no RoE to keep a kid from being hit by stray fire?

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
I don't believe in escalating to deadly force inside a store filled with innocent customers on a car B&E. So the guy gets away with a stereo. Bullet went through a wall into the arcade. Is there no RoE to keep a kid from being hit by stray fire?
I'm as concerned as anyone about over escalation by police. I think getting shot at is about as clear cut as possible for a reasonable situation to use deadly force. Sometimes bad guys will be bad indoors. We can't demand police wait until the guy is at an EPA approved firing range. The bullet stopped safely in a wall. Good job, officers!

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I've shopped in that store.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts