Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Glock had me thinking that I shot like an action-hero. I can hit just about anything with it, and pretty quick too.

But then I picked up an S&W 637... It quickly pointed out to me every bad habit that I had. Just today I was at the range, putting every round 4" Northeast of the bullseye. I had to put the gun down, mentally regroup, and go back to the basics. Everything from stance, grip tension, trigger control and breathing. Eventually I started pulling them in (but I still stunk).

At the end, just for kicks, I pulled the Glock back out and sent the target down to the far end of the range. Yup, I did better then too.

The bad news is that I'm not trusting myself with the snubbie as a primary yet. The good news is that it's gonna make me a better shooter.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Isn't that amazing how that works... :) I've noticed being 98 % of my shooting time is with my G26, and when I pick up my HP I group really tight,.. Part of practice needs to be refocusing,. Bad habits can form without us knowing it,..

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Exactly the reverse here for me. Give me a snubbie and I will hit what I'm aiming at, give me hubby's Glock and I might hit the rings.
I started shooting this one
two weeks and two days ago(the day I bought it), he is my best group so far

It's a new gun, don't worry, I'll get better with it:yup:

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Exactly the reverse here for me. Give me a snubbie and I will hit what I'm aiming at, give me hubby's Glock and I might hit the rings.
I started shooting this one
two weeks and two days ago(the day I bought it), he is my best group so far

It's a new gun, don't worry, I'll get better with it:yup:
Better? Doesn't look too bad now.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Better? Doesn't look too bad now.
Well that was at 21 feet with .44 Magnum rounds, but give me a little time, I'll get them all through the same hole:wink:

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yikes! I can tell that's actually six shots too! Maybe do a smiley-face next time!?:smile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts