Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I'm always checking my 6,not just for any potential threats,but for Emergency Vehicles etc.It's unusual for a vehicle to take the same exit ramp I do and follow the way I go home without me noticing them

Reactions: ItalianSteel

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
Great points to review, remember, talk about, include in your SA...:yup::hand9:

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Too many people believe wholeheartedly that something like that will not, can not happen to them. And to believe that, is foolish in the extreme.

A sobering video, to say the least. Unfortunately, many people will not heed the warnings.

Reactions: ep1953 and 84160

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Catch-22. Luckily it doesn't happen very often. But, because of that too many people don't think it will ever happen.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
And that's in Connecticut, where they still don't want you to have guns.

·
Registered
259 Posts
can i assumed the Dr. is an anti-gunner?
From all accounts the Dr. seemed like a decent person who assumed the best of people.

When it comes to the anti-gun mentality, it is based on certain core assumptions that are held either consciously or subconsciously and reinforced by social circle conditioning.

• The police will always be there to protect you.
  • The gun will only be used against you.
  • All people are reasonable.
  • All people have empathy.
  • Bad people can be fixed

·
Registered
907 Posts
  • The police will always be there to protect you.
  • The gun will only be used against you.
  • All people are reasonable.
  • All people have empathy.
  • Bad people can be fixed
The five "Assumptions" that will get you killed.

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
can i assumed the Dr. is an anti-gunner?

I wouldn't necessarily think you could assume that. You could assume, he lived his life completely in condition white. That he had absolutely no idea something like that would happen to them, in that neighborhood, with his status in life. But I don't think you could assume he wasn't a guy who couldn't take care of himself, if he had the opportunity to see it coming.

You club anyone in the head with a baseball bat while they are asleep and are completely and utterly vulnerable, it's game over. It's pretty hard to defend yourself in that type of attack.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
I hope that people learned, EVIL does exists.... and doesn't care who it destroys in it's path.

I would still like them to give me 1 hour with those guys.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Even though I don't care much for the color coded levels of readiness scale I'll use them here. No matter what anyone tells you, they are not in condition yellow all the time. We all relax, we all let our guard down so to speak and enter condition white from time to time. Living in a constant state of condition red is no way to live your life, and I've seen first hand what being on high alert 24/7 gets you, and it's dead from a stress induced heart attack at 47.

What we need to do is to make sure that we don't automatically turn white upon entering the driveway simply because we're home, because home is supposed to be safe. When you park in the driveway or before you pull into the garage or carport, look around to see if anyone is there that shouldn't be. Many home invaders have sneaked into the garage before the door closes while the driver of the vehicle is unaware of their surroundings. Ever driven by a home with an attached garage with the door open during the day? I have. A few years ago, my friends dad was over at one of his rental properties to do some maintenance. He left the garage door open while he went inside to take a leak, and upon returning 2 minutes later he discovered his welder, pressure washer, weedeater, push mower, and some hand tools were gone and not a vehicle in sight.

A few years ago, I was leaving for work around 430 am and was all the way out to my car before I realized there was a beat up old pickup in my driveway with the lights and engine off, with occupants inside. Not good. The point of all this is, our home's are our castle's, a place to rest, relax, and live our lives, but we mustn't become complacent with our safety simply because we are where we are most comfortable.

·
Super Moderator
19,904 Posts
The unfortunate thing I take away from the Petit massacre is that the same people who were horrified by the brutality in Cheshire and who wrung their hands in despair now blame guns, not people, for the Newtown shooting. Five years and 30 miles separate the two events, yet the Connecticut politicians and their simple-minded followers can't see that human behaviors were behind both atrocities. If you accept the notion that guns are inherently evil and we need to restrict their ownership, then why isn't the same "logic" applied to gasoline, which was (mis)used to kill the Petit women.

Further exasperating is that Connecticut acted within a few short months to change gun laws, but to my knowledge there has been no change in the conditions which allowed Hayes and Komisarjevsky to be paroled early, other than being subject to more "review." And subsequent to those two being sentenced to death, CT outlawed the death penalty, which effectively allows some wrong-headed judge to someday release them again. Stranger things have happened.

In all the back-room deals that led to the new gun laws in CT, I wonder if the name "Petit" was ever mentioned once. I bloody well doubt it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The unfortunate thing I take away from the Petit massacre is that the same people who were horrified by the brutality in Cheshire and who wrung their hands in despair now blame guns, not people, for the Newtown shooting. Five years and 30 miles separate the two events, yet the Connecticut politicians and their simple-minded followers can't see that human behaviors were behind both atrocities. If you accept the notion that guns are inherently evil and we need to restrict their ownership, then why isn't the same "logic" applied to gasoline, which was (mis)used to kill the Petit women.

Further exasperating is that Connecticut acted within a few short months to change gun laws, but to my knowledge there has been no change in the conditions which allowed Hayes and Komisarjevsky to be paroled early, other than being subject to more "review." And subsequent to those two being sentenced to death, CT outlawed the death penalty, which effectively allows some wrong-headed judge to someday release them again. Stranger things have happened.

In all the back-room deals that led to the new gun laws in CT, I wonder if the name "Petit" was ever mentioned once. I bloody well doubt it.
The prohibitionists learn nothing. They write these off as "isolated incidents".

1 - 20 of 29 Posts