Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I don't carry it much but the one big bore revolver I own that just makes me feel good holding it is my 3.75'' ruger super blackhawk. Below it is a smith and wesson 360 .357mag, and its the only revolver I own that makes full power .44 mag loads in that blackhawk feel pleasant by comparison.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I've put the orange Trijicon HD night sights on since this picture was taken. They work well for my old eyes.
Same here, I like Trijicon HD's and Truglo TFO (green front/yellow rear).
I'm nearsighted. When I wear my glasses the front sight may get blurred; regular sights are worst, higher contrast is better. HD's & TFO work for me.

Reactions: 1gunsnowbird

·
Registered
966 Posts
CDW - If that picture of a man with a gun rig on is you, then you've absolutely gotta put on some pounds, man. :)

Back to the question, my BIG gun is a Glock 23.2. All I have for CC ammunition is Federal HST 180 grain, but I think that would be more than adequate for anything I'm likely to come into conflict with: human or animal. My CC guns are a Sig P365 and a Glock 42. The G23 I'd carry in a Glock sport/combat holster, or (in a pinch) an IWB kydex at 3:30. Sorry about no pictures (especially a side profile with my Sig … a little belly bulge going on).

·
Premium Member
33,780 Posts
I can go Glock 21, Glock 17, M&P9 or S&W 1006 on the rare occasions I feel the urge to go bigger than my .45 Shields.

Reactions: CDW4ME

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
CDW - If that picture of a man with a gun rig on is you, then you've absolutely gotta put on some pounds, man. :)

Back to the question, my BIG gun is a Glock 23.2. All I have for CC ammunition is Federal HST 180 grain, but I think that would be more than adequate for anything I'm likely to come into conflict with: human or animal. My CC guns are a Sig P365 and a Glock 42. The G23 I'd carry in a Glock sport/combat holster, or (in a pinch) an IWB kydex at 3:30. Sorry about no pictures (especially a side profile with my Sig … a little belly bulge going on).
That is me in the OP. Thanks, but I'm 6'1 about 208# and would like to be 200# (problem is I also like food & beer).

Glock 23 loaded with HST has been a frequent carry for me, like it.

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Me like!

Just curious, Scotty, what holster or holsters do you use w that critter? I'm thinking of something like that for hiking in bear country, and I'd still like to conceal rather than OC. (I'm kind of leaning day pack, but that's getting way ahead. First I need to convince DW how much I NEED a 44 mag). Tks!
Ive got a holster for it around here some-wheres. When I find it, I'll post a pic. Its a brown leather Galco.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Daily carry 'big' gun is currently Glock 45. I know, technically they call it a compact, but it's a full-size frame. If I need to go 'bigger', there's these:

rugers_1_small.jpg

Or this:

Python.jpg

Note that I don't have an IWB holster for either the Ruger or the Colt, but I DO have holsters. When I was stationed in Georgia and hunted the WMA's, I carried the Python as a side arm for traditional sidearm duties. That is, until several hunters were killed in Florida by anti-hunting activists. Then I went with the Ruger as a more visible presence.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Carrying a full-size pistol (if you consider a LW Commander .45 full-size) really isn't that hard. I cover with a flannel shirt 8-9 months a year here in the mtns. That said, sometimes I just throw a .380 in my pocket instead (sorry --:smile:)

Carry.jpg

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I cover with a flannel shirt 8-9 months a year here in the mtns.

That would be friggin awesome. I only get to cover with a flannel shirt 3-4 weeks a year here in the sauna, otherwise known as south east Texas. I wish I would have settled down someplace that had better weather like that. What the hell was I thinking?🤔

I noticed it looks like your holster clip didn't "clip" onto your belt in that picture. Is it a Vedder Light Tuck by chance?

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
That would be friggin awesome. I only get to cover with a flannel shirt 3-4 weeks a year here in the sauna, otherwise known as south east Texas. I wish I would have settled down someplace that had better weather like that. What the hell was I thinking?🤔

I noticed it looks like your holster clip didn't "clip" onto your belt in that picture. Is it a Vedder Light Tuck by chance?
It was clipped (at least I think it was!). Yes, it's a Lightuck

·
Registered
1,274 Posts

Nice looking grip you got there. What is it?

I had taken the grip off of my 4" 357 magnum and put it on my 44 special because the Hogue rubber grip was sticking to my shirts too much, but I found I didn't carry it much because it was too big for my taste.

I ordered a compact grip from Ruger and I'm liking it. Been carrying it the last couple of days iwb @3:30, and it feels about like I'm carrying my SP101 3". Took it to the range today and really enjoyed it.

Personally, I think this is the grip that should come on it from the factory.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 42 Posts