Discussion Starter #1
Here are my favorite 45's, currently in my collection :comeandgetsome:

:danceban:

Let's see yours!

:danceban:

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
My one and only .45 at the moment and it is indeed my favorite!

·
Banned
13,684 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,577 Posts
Cool thread idea. Love to see .45 automatics.

Here's my two favorites of four 1911 type .45s owned. The old 1918 Colt is at the 'smith right now to have a replacement front sight fitted for the one that went AWOL a couple of years ago. The Colt Gold Cup was purchased new in the late 1970s.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Only one big bore in my line up for now.

My G36 .45 new about a month old.
My-G36.gif

·
Registered
176 Posts
Here are my two favorites.
Para Ordnance C7.45LDA

M&P .45 with Streamlight TLR-2

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
My 1911 45ACP's

These are the only 1911 45ACP's I keep. Both are Kimber Customs and have been worked over by my master gunsmith. The black one is a Kimber Tactical 1911 45ACP, The Stainless is a Kimber Custom match grade TLE/RL II.
They are both great pistols. I shoot them fairly often but they are a chore to take-down and clean.

I mainly just like to look and handle them. The fine American craftmanship that went into building these is great. Shooting them is even better.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Here are the two I have...

Kimber Tactical Ultra II

Springfield XD45

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Bottom to top. Kimber Ultra Carry II, Kimber CDP Pro, Kimber Stainless II, Taurus PT1911

Attachments

·
1951 - 2011
496 Posts
Hello.

A home-tinkerd Norinco .45 ACP that kept a deadly "Texas Saber-toothed Armadillo" from probably dismembering me!

Custom Colt Commander I had worked on during the '80's. While a police officer, this one did keep a knife off of me one night.

Either or both of these non-1911-pattern handguns frequently serve for protection on trips or as house guns. The S&W Model 625 and SIG-Sauer P220 "SAS" in DAK have both proven very, very accurate and reliable as homemade sin.

Been using this old Colt Series 70's since the '70's and it still groups very nicely.

"Home-built" Caspian with Kart bbl in a 6" "long-slide"...

An early "Clackamas Kimber"...

5" "home-build" Caspian w/Kart bbl...

This S&W Mountain Gun in .45 Colt has served well in the boonies and I've cleanly taken several whitetail deer with it for the freezer.

Best.

·
Registered
237 Posts

Won this at the NRA Banquet couple years back.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Bottom to top. Kimber Ultra Carry II, Kimber CDP Pro, Kimber Stainless II, Taurus PT1911
What is your favorite and what do you shoot most? I think I can guess.:smile:

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Hello.

A home-tinkerd Norinco .45 ACP that kept a deadly "Texas Saber-toothed Armadillo" from probably dismembering me!

Custom Colt Commander I had worked on during the '80's. While a police officer, this one did keep a knife off of me one night.

Either or both of these non-1911-pattern handguns frequently serve for protection on trips or as house guns. The S&W Model 625 and SIG-Sauer P220 "SAS" in DAK have both proven very, very accurate and reliable as homemade sin.

Been using this old Colt Series 70's since the '70's and it still groups very nicely.

"Home-built" Caspian with Kart bbl in a 6" "long-slide"...

An early "Clackamas Kimber"...

5" "home-build" Caspian w/Kart bbl...

This S&W Mountain Gun in .45 Colt has served well in the boonies and I've cleanly taken several whitetail deer with it for the freezer.

Best.
The older Colts were great but of all, I think I would favor the Kimber Caspain 6". It is a WOW.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts