·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what everyone has done to their sks. ill start
Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun
-TAPCO intrafuse collapsible stock
-scope mount with hole to see iron sight
-Cheap red dot sight (will be upgrading soon)
-flashlight fore grip with steady and strobe feature
-TAPCO rubberized butt pad
-pachmyer finger groove grip sleeve
-tapco detachable mags

·
Registered
180 Posts
I was just wondering what everyone has done to their sks. ill start
View attachment 70401
-TAPCO intrafuse collapsible stock
-scope mount with hole to see iron sight
-Cheap red dot sight (will be upgrading soon)
-flashlight fore grip with steady and strobe feature
-TAPCO rubberized butt pad
-pachmyer finger groove grip sleeve
-tapco detachable mags
Nice family pic! How u like/would u recommend the Sccy cpx?

Fla CWFL holder
NRA member
Ruger LCP EDC

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
absolutely its a great little pistol and easily concealed i carry it every day to work. When get home i switch to my glock. Ive got a few hundred rounds through it with no problems and its pretty accurate to boot.

·
Registered
21,471 Posts
I'll I invest in a cheap made 300 dollar rifle is ammunition. But I do like them, but not enough to put money into that can't be recovered.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I inherited it from my uncle when he passed so Im not getting rid of it any time soon, but i see your point. I just wanted to make it as tactical as possible.

·
Registered
21,471 Posts
I understand. I just have a hard time with this need to tacticalize everything.

But for me, I prefer the SKS as is. The short stock is nice and more fitting for me. It keeps the rifle slim and trim, not heavy and cumbersome.

Reactions: Mr B

·
Super Moderator
20,211 Posts
Precious little. I put an aftermarket stock on it to move the action a little farther away from my nose, which had the side benefit of removing a pound of bayonet I didn't need. If I had a few extra bucks I might be inclined to install Tech sights.

Forgot to mention, mine's a Yugo.

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Precious little. I put an aftermarket stock on it to move the action a little farther away from my nose, which had the side benefit of removing a pound of bayonet I didn't need. If I had a few extra bucks I might be inclined to install Tech sights.
Very nice

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
My Russian is stock. I kept it that way so it holds it's value and works flawlessly. I've seen too many people "upgrade" an SKS with "tactical" aftermarket parts only to have the gun fail and then they write it off as a piece of junk...

If you want an AK, buy an AK. Don't try to make an SKS something it isn't.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
The Chinese sks here is stock. No bayonet though wouldnt mind finding one for it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I miss my SKS.

It was a Chinese model and was bone stock. Sold it off like an idiot. :frown:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The best thing to do to an SKS is... nothing. If you want to go tacticool just get an AR. I don't mind tacticool in general, but on an SKS its not tactical, its just tacky.

Is that the original stock its really nice wood mine had a compsite stock on it when I got it but really nice weapon you have there

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Gotta take a pic of mine. I put a Tapco stock on it to get a longer length. The bolt felt like it was under my chin before. I am slightly larger than the people I believe it was intended for.

·
Registered
10,909 Posts
The best thing to do to an SKS is... nothing. If you want to go tacticool just get an AR. I don't mind tacticool in general, but on an SKS its not tactical, its just tacky.

^Looks just like mine^^^^^^^

Pretty blond just like my wife.
But I put an extension pad on buttstock and a scope N see through mount. I removed the bayonet and 10 round so I could put a five rounder on for deer hunting.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Don't have any good pictures of mine but its being kept original too as its a pretty low production Russian Izzy with its Arctic Birch intact after re-arsenal. Hard to find them, and particularly hard to find them this way.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts