Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It may be a tall order but do these exist? I have a Blackhawk OWB level 2 holster that I love for open carry. I haven't seen anything for IWB though. Is it cause they don't exist? Excuse any ignorance that may exist in this question, but CC is new to me and almost all holster gear in the Marine Corps is OWB Level 2.

Thanks guys and gals!

-Kyle

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
I doubt that there is such a thing...the problem would be trying to coordinate a button/clip/switch while most of the holster is inside the waist.
Even an OWB level II or III can get tricky if rolling around on the ground with a BG.
Why would you want anything other than a smooth easy draw from a holster that is already tight against the body?:confused:

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
If there is a need for it someone will come up with one. I don't see much of a need.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Comfort level would be #1. Level 2 being the only holster I've ever known, theres a certain easiness I guess you could say that comes along with it. I could understand some of the difficulties that would surround it and can understand why L2 would be better fit for OWB carry.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Comfort level would be #1. Level 2 being the only holster I've ever known, theres a certain easiness I guess you could say that comes along with it. I could understand some of the difficulties that would surround it and can understand why L2 would be better fit for OWB carry.
At its base, Roger's system of levels means only that a level 0 will have no overt means of retention, a level 1 will have one means either passive or active, etc. Under his system, you can have a level two iwb by choosing a holster with both a tension screw AND a thumbreak. These are available.

Though with the passage of time, level 2 has come to mean other things to uniforms, such as trigger guard locks; in which case, in an iwb, surely the lock would be used alone, and you'd be back to a level 1. Ironic isn't it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I doubt that there is such a thing...the problem would be trying to coordinate a button/clip/switch while most of the holster is inside the waist.
Even an OWB level II or III can get tricky if rolling around on the ground with a BG.
Why would you want anything other than a smooth easy draw from a holster that is already tight against the body?:confused:
To prevent the experiences of the FBI agent who lost his firearm in a bar (and shot someone while retrieving it) or the CCW holder who was shot by police after dropping his gun. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/portla...sts-after-police-shoot-kill-jason-washington/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts