Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am VERY happy. :smile:

I stopped by a LGS/Indoor Range to a quick scan of the used cases. They had a 1988 Bulgarian (Circle 10) Makarov (VG+, actual military and/or police issue) with five milspec mags, three grips (red service, BATF "target" special, Pearce rubber), 48 rounds of Fiocchi FMJ, and nice hard case for...

$200 :danceban:

Makarov Set 1.jpg Makarov Set 2.jpg

Needless to say, I hurt my arm taking out my wallet! I already have a 1997 production commercial Arsenal that I bought NIB in 1999, and this veteran will be a nice complementary carry piece. The value of all the accessories and ammo made the cost of the gun only about $100.

·
Registered
37,060 Posts
9mm Mak? nice round. I've got a CZ-82, and it's about the most fun-to-shoot pistol I have.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes- The Makarov is in original 9x18mm. Ammo usually very reasonable, excluding "shortages". A great example of a gun from "the other side".

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Thread needs pictures! Great score BTW.

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
Wow, Great deal! Even back when they were everywhere and sold cheap you still paid $190 for the gun and only got one extra mag and a leather military flap holster. You got one heck of a bargain. Pictures are needed.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Great bargain!

I have a couple Bulgarian Makarovs and really like them. I carry one from time to time.

·
Super Moderator
17,084 Posts
Nice score, around here they cost quite a bit more.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Great bargain!

I have a couple Bulgarian Makarovs and really like them. I carry one from time to time.
Me too. Also have an unfired Russian Mak that's a safe queen.

Really great pistols with excellent reliability. The solid fixed barrel design really make it accurate after the first DA shot since it switches to SA. Not the greatest training handgun though as I found out a couple of months ago. The snap it has due to the blow back design started hurting my gun hand after 300 rounds or so and the mag release is a bit unwieldy but as a carry gun or general protection; it's a solid winner in my book.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I have enjoyed 9X18 ammo through a FEG PA63 and CZ 82 and found both great shooter.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
As always...you are lying until we see pics...the proof is in the pictures! Ha!

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
A Bulgy Mak, 5 spare mags, various grips, VG condition, for $200. Not bad.

Now, here's to hoping the gun was run by a marksman and regularly massaged/smoothed/tuned by the armorer, and that you find it flawlessly reliable. :bier:

Oh, yeah ... pics, pics, pics!!

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
You could have tried to talk them down a bit, just for fun. "I don't know, ammo's kind of hard to find - how about $160?" :smile:

Just kidding, that's an excellent deal.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pics added to first post.

Looks like there were five EXTRA mags, making six total. :smile:

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
Heck of a deal!

·
Registered
37,060 Posts
Marschal's Grip has excellent wood grips if you decide to spruce it up a bit.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Great score! I've had a Norinco and a Russian Baikal over the years. They are reliable and surprisingly accurate!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts