Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
50,574 Posts
Oh no, not the urinals...:INBath2Urinal::INBath2Urinal::INBath2Urinal::INBath2Urinal::INBath2Urinal:

·
Registered
796 Posts
The Portland police have recently said that urinating or defecating in public is not a crime and they will do nothing to stop it. The inmates are running the asylum!
Well, since it is not an offense to urinate or defecate in public I may have to remember that option next time I'm in Portland and don't want to share a public restroom with (fill in the blank here, help me to avoid being dinged by the moderators).

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Since a stall has to now be made to the new handicap standards for those extra large electric wheelchairs, the space formally occupied by 6 urinals would probably end up being only one stall.

I think a lot of this bathroom nonsense is just women that [email protected]@@h because they have to wait in line while men can quickly use the urinal. Now everyone will have to wait.

·
Registered
33,886 Posts
So, are men and women going to be using the same bathrooms? If so, the women are just gonna love using toilets that men have been peeing all over.
Clearly you have never had to clean a woman's public restroom. They try to play helicopter and "hover" over the toilet to avoid sitting on it and end up playing fire bomber and spraying everything.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Clearly you have never had to clean a woman's public restroom. They try to play helicopter and "hover" over the toilet to avoid sitting on it and end up playing fire bomber and spraying everything.
As a teenager, back in the 60s, I worked in a coffee shop and one of my responsibilities was to clean the restrooms. It was no big deal, but my observation at the time was that the Ladies room was inevitably cleaner than was the Gents. This is one of my reasons for disliking sex neutral bathrooms, the ladies are likely to be more, um, fastidious. (To the OV's point, not always. I'm sure the situation in the Ladies room is ickier than it was in the 60s.)

\

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
682 Posts
I'm moving to Portland and opening a "used urinal" store. There has to be a market for all those the city is taking out. Maybe not. "The Acme used urinal company", you can try 'um before you buy'um. Call now, operators sitting by. Batteries not included. Call now and we'll double the order. Just pay the extra shipping and handling fee. May be illegal in some areas, check your local laws.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The way I read this
The total remodel will cost taxpayers $195,000,000. A spokeswoman said she did not have a break out on how much the bathroom work cost.
Is that the total remodel costs for the building (not just the bathrooms) will be $200M - part of which is the bathroom work. I don't know how "involved" the remodel work is, but if they are gutting the bathrooms it not so much removing them as not putting them in. The original linked story on Twitchy misinterpreted that to mean it was $200M for removing the urinals.

But, it is crazy nonetheless.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm moving to Portland and opening a "used urinal" store. There has to be a market for all those the city is taking out. Maybe not. "The Acme used urinal company", you can try 'um before you buy'um. Call now, operators sitting by. Batteries not included. Call now and we'll double the order. Just pay the extra shipping and handling fee. May be illegal in some areas, check your local laws.
You can sell them as garden decorations, but beware... They cause mutations in cats!

https://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/13701

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I visited my sister who lives just outside of Portland two years ago.. Down town is an interesting place. You get to step over folks laying on the side walk and wander what that fluid was you just stepped in. There are certainly fine places in the state of Oregon but I have little interest in exploring the "cultural" offerings of Portland. I hadn't been there for 10 years, and I was surprised at how much it had changed.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Spending 200 million dollars in housing could put a dent in the homeless problem. But the last thing you want to do is offend people that arent happy with their plumbing.
The homeless problem in Portland, like Seattle, has very little to do with HOUSING... and everything to do with DRUG ADDICTION...

·
Registered
798 Posts
what's next? a law requiring everyone to sit down to pee?
I believe that this is the case in Japan.

...Or something like it, anyway.

A slightly repurposed urinal was entered, accepted, and displayed at the 1917 Society of Independent Artists first annual exhibition, at The Grand Central Palace, in New York City.
It was in a changed position, but otherwise unaltered.
Marcel Duchamp, the, um, artist who entered the urinal in the show, entitled it "Fountain."
See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fountain_(Duchamp)

21 - 40 of 40 Posts