Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
" I am a lifelong hunter and gun owner. In 1993, however, as Governor of Massachusetts, I went along with some modest restrictions on certain types of firearms. I was deeply concerned about gun violence, and frankly, the people I represented were demanding action. Sometimes, governing involves tough choices, and I had to make more than a few.

Today, almost 25 years later, I would make some different choices. Restricting Americans’ gun rights doesn’t make us safer, and threatens our constitutional freedoms. I was pleased by and support the Supreme Court’s decision in the District of Columbia vs. Heller -- a decision that embraced the notion that our Second Amendment rights are individual rights, not to be abridged by the government."

And those tough choices were based on what? Number of votes he would lose? Today he would make some different choices, again based on what? Votes he would win or lose, or what is right and what is wrong?

He is from Mass. and followed the liberal lead, that is all I need to know about him.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
" I am a lifelong hunter and gun owner. In 1993, however, as Governor of Massachusetts, I went along with some modest restrictions on certain types of firearms. I was deeply concerned about gun violence, and frankly, the people I represented were demanding action. Sometimes, governing involves tough choices, and I had to make more than a few.

Today, almost 25 years later, I would make some different choices. Restricting Americans’ gun rights doesn’t make us safer, and threatens our constitutional freedoms. I was pleased by and support the Supreme Court’s decision in the District of Columbia vs. Heller -- a decision that embraced the notion that our Second Amendment rights are individual rights, not to be abridged by the government."

And those tough choices were based on what? Number of votes he would lose? Today he would make some different choices, again based on what? Votes he would win or lose, or what is right and what is wrong?

He is from Mass. and followed the liberal lead, that is all I need to know about him.
Why was he elected and reelected in Massachusetts if that's his stance and record?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Why was he elected and reelected in Massachusetts if that's his stance and record?
Because Mass. is an ultra liberal state and he did their bidding. I don't believe for a second that he would defend the 2nd Amendment. He said that he "went along" and had to make some "tough choices" and the result was he agreed with more gun control. How would stand up to "tough choices" if put in that position again? He says he would "make different choices" today, but his record doesn't back that up.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
Because Mass. is an ultra liberal state and he did their bidding. I don't believe for a second that he would defend the 2nd Amendment. He said that he "went along" and had to make some "tough choices" and the result was he agreed with more gun control. How would stand up to "tough choices" if put in that position again? He says he would "make different choices" today, but his record doesn't back that up.
But Trump's record doesn't back up what he's saying either, and everyone believes he can change within 4 years time, jk.... He seems like the type who will side with his constituents for his own benefit. In this case I guess his constituents would be us. I guess it really does not make a difference. It's not like he can win anyway. People voting for Gary Johnson knows he won't win, and are only doing so because they refuse to vote for Hilary or Trump.

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
A VP who is anti 2a or a president who is anti 2a. Hmmmmm. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Cnon

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
If Johnson gets enough votes to hand the election to Hillary, I am holding all the "Gee it's so cool to be a Libertarian" accountable. You will be as much to blame for the left wing Supreme Court nominations and the constant assault on our second amendment rights as any Democrat that voted.

Think before you throw your vote away to Gary Johnson in November. He stands a better chance of being elected Animal Control Director of Miami Dade County than he does the POTUS. Wake UP.

·
Premium Member
36,942 Posts
If Johnson gets enough votes to hand the election to Hillary, I am holding all the "Gee it's so cool to be a Libertarian" accountable. You will be as much to blame for the left wing Supreme Court nominations and the constant assault on our second amendment rights as any Democrat that voted.

Think before you throw your vote away to Gary Johnson in November. He stands a better chance of being elected Animal Control Director of Miami Dade County than he does the POTUS. Wake UP.
I believe that most who vote Libertarian do so instead of simply not voting for either major party.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
I believe that most who vote Libertarian do so instead of simply not voting for either major party.
and in doing so they end up giving the election to the Liberal Candidate. Splitting votes between the Republican Candidate and the Libertarian Candidate is a recipe for a Democratic President in November.

Just look at what happened in 1992 when Ross Perot gave the election to Bill Clinton.

·
Registered
9,601 Posts

every time a republican, or democratic politician opens their mouth, I am swayed towards trump. Every time trump, or one of his supporters talks, I am swayed back towards Johnson. You don't seem to have a clue. Trump is very unpopular, among conservatives. If you don't want people to vote 3rd party, republicans need to elect a better candidate. Until then, people will continue leaving the party that is doing a horrible job of representing them. Trumps weak history on gun rights isn't helping him. The Republican Party is done. You can cling to it for as long as you want, but it will probably never win another presidential election.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
every time a republican, or democratic politician opens their mouth, I am swayed towards trump. Every time trump, or one of his supporters talks, I am swayed back towards Johnson. You don't seem to have a clue. Trump is very unpopular, among conservatives. If you don't want people to vote 3rd party, republicans need to elect a better candidate. Until then, people will continue leaving the party that is doing a horrible job of representing them. Trumps weak history on gun rights isn't helping him. The Republican Party is done. You can cling to it for as long as you want, but it will probably never win another presidential election.
I don't seem to have a clue? I am totally aware what is going on. As usual, those that thump their chests and proclaim their allegiance to a candidate that has ZERO chance of winning seem to think they have if all figured out. With Hillary, we know what we are getting. Trump, whether you like him or hate is a better alternative. A vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for Hillary Clinton.

And if Hillary wins because all you "Libertarians" (the United States will NEVER elect one for Gods sake, just look at the voting Demographics and try to tell me with a straight face a Libertarian has a snow balls chance in hell of being elected POTUS), I'm coming back here and pointing the finger at YOU when Hillary appoints all her Liberal Supreme Court Judges and they repeal the Second Amendment.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
Bingo!

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
I don't seem to have a clue? I am totally aware what is going on. As usual, those that thump their chests and proclaim their allegiance to a candidate that has ZERO chance of winning seem to think they have if all figured out. With Hillary, we know what we are getting. Trump, whether you like him or hate is a better alternative. A vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for Hillary Clinton.

And if Hillary wins because all you "Libertarians" (the United States will NEVER elect one for Gods sake, just look at the voting Demographics and try to tell me with a straight face a Libertarian has a snow balls chance in hell of being elected POTUS), I'm coming back here and pointing the finger at YOU when Hillary appoints all her Liberal Supreme Court Judges and they repeal the Second Amendment.
If Trump loses it will be because Trump didn't do his job, ran a bad campaign, and was a flawed candidate. If Trump loses, it will be because 30% of the party made a bad choice. It's not just Libertarians who refuse to vote for Trump, but many Blacks, Hispanics, women, AND Republicans refuse to vote for the man despite the consequences. That says a lot about how bad of a candidate Trump is, and how bad of a choice you all made. If Trump supporters where so worried about Hilary winning, then they wouldn't have nominated Trump.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts