Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally received my Alessi ankle holster for my G26 that I ordered many months ago. It arrived without an extension strap, even though I specified that I would be wearing it with a boot. Had to wait another two weeks for the extension strap, which is not listed on their web site.

At any rate, I an very pleased with the comfort that this provides (or perhaps I should say, pleased that there is no discomfort!). It has been very secure on the boot and does not shift or slide around. The additional weight is barely noticeable and I do not find myself having the gun hit my other leg at all.

The only adaptation I had to make was to get pants that are two inches longer than what I normally wear (I wear a 32 inch inseam and had to switch to a 34). Without the longer pants, the pant leg will ride up and expose the holster when I get out of a 4X4 pickup.

I do need to try using a normal 10 round magazine for the 26 without the Pearce +2 extension. This should make the pant leg slide a bit easier along the pistol. However, I do not find it difficult to raise the cuff to expose the pistol for the draw.

Overall, I am very pleased with this holster.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Looks good, I remember seeing a holster that laced into the boot which I really liked, Not sure what brand it was but I really liked the idea of lacing it up so it stayed put when having to run, I have one now that's a desantis I think? that fits the G26, but I use it for my G43 it works very well...

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely not for everyone, but if you have the need, they are a good solution. Looking at the photo, I realize that this was image was taken quickly, and the pistol is not fully inserted in the holster.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Looks good. I carry a J frame on my ankle in a Desantis Apache. I have mine just above my boot instead of around it, but I wear a mid length boot so it's not too high on my leg.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good. I carry a J frame on my ankle in a Desantis Apache. I have mine just above my boot instead of around it, but I wear a mid length boot so it's not too high on my leg.
Without the extension, I could wear this without a boot, but I don't think I will have too many occasions to do so. But, you never know.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I wear a homemade one that holds two extra mags (without boots) quite often.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Congrats, Very nice looking holster. Would you carry in an ankle holster as a back up or is that your primary? For myself I would worry about just getting to the gun in a SD situation. :frown: I am sure like everything else it just takes alot of practice.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats, Very nice looking holster. Would you carry in an ankle holster as a back up or is that your primary? For myself I would worry about just getting to the gun in a SD situation. :frown: I am sure like everything else it just takes alot of practice.
It's a back-up in certain situations, and if I am driving in a vehicle, it may be the primary. Nice to have options.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts