Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Louisianians can now apply for lifetime concealed-carry handgun permits, after a piece of legislation sponsored by a Baton Rouge-area state legislator was signed by Gov. Bobby Jindal on Thursday evening.

Lifetime concealed handgun permits become the law in Louisiana | NOLA.com

The bill is intended to cut down on administrative costs and paperwork for the state as well as inconvenience for the permit holder.
$500 one-time fee.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Fantastic idea......congrats to Louisianaians (I made that word up I think).......What's wrong with Louisiana Government.....that actually makes sense.........

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I would have done it if it were an option in WI.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
When I left the dept I was to have a life time permit but a few years down the road they said they were going to charge and put a time limit on the permits. I called and ask when did I die, it was to be a life time permit

·
Banned
4,084 Posts
Nice! Good for ya'll!

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
$500 freakin' dollars?:blink: I'd be 100 years old by the time I used up that much permit in SD!

·
Banned
4,084 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
This just proves that CC (to the state) is all about making money off the 2A.

We're reducing government-required man-power and paperwork, yet paying more for it? Here in NC, it's $90 the first go-round, and $75 every 5 years after that. It would take me over 25 years to break even. Now I surely hope to live that long but seriously?

I don't know if it varies by country here, but I'd surely say we don't have the cheapest in the region.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
This just proves that CC (to the state) is all about making money off the 2A.

We're reducing government-required man-power and paperwork, yet paying more for it? Here in NC, it's $90 the first go-round, and $75 every 5 years after that. It would take me over 25 years to break even. Now I surely hope to live that long but seriously?
Yeah, it would rock to have one permit for life, no renewals or messin' around. But to pay that much for the convenience is a bit much for me. It's like the way the banks save billions of dollars from all the tellers they got rid of when they went to ATMs, then they charge you an ATM fee on top of it! You help them earn billions in profits and pay a fee for the privilege!:rolleyes:

Reactions: nedrgr21

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
The $500. is kind of steep. Indiana Lifetime is only $60.

·
Super Moderator
22,523 Posts
The $500. is kind of steep. Indiana Lifetime is only $60.
$60 if you have a current license, $75 if you don't, plus local fees, $40 if you have a current license, $50 if you don't. It's more if you file through L-1 Enrollment center for the state processing.

Still, very much worth it.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I wonder if that will affect reciprocity. I know SC is very anal about the requirements. I believe having a permit that lasts over 5 years is a no-go. We (SC) really need to work on that.

·
Registered
821 Posts
$500 freakin' dollars?:blink: I'd be 100 years old by the time I used up that much permit in SD!
It costs $150 for 5 years now, and $75 (I think) for a renewal after the 5 yrs expires. So $500 isn't so bad. Plus less paperwork and stuff.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Fantastic idea......congrats to Louisianaians (I made that word up I think).......What's wrong with Louisiana Government.....that actually makes sense.........
Nope , we've been using it for 300+ years without problems. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Wish MO would do this. Now that they passed the law to take the Dept of Revenue out of the loop. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45,305 Posts
If I were 21 and planning on living in the same state the rest of my life, $500 would be a good deal. But at 62 and having lived in 6 different states, it wouldn't be practical. Still, for those in LA who choose that route, it's a good thing.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts