Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think I've started a thread here before, but I had to tell someone who would appreciate the thrill of a new gun.

I bought a new Sig GSR Revolution 1911. I got a good price at a gun show, and I just couldn't pass it up.

Plusses: Stainless, black wood grips, night sights, and a short, crisp trigger that I hope will lighten up a little after a few hundred rounds. No light rail.

Minuses: 3 dot sights aren't adjustable for height (maybe Novaks Extreme Duty adjustables are in the future), doesn't have an ambi safety, I'd like an arched MSH.

Undecided about the grip safety, I'll have to see how I feel after a couple of boxes of ammo.

So does this qualify a dark side purchase or what? I mean it IS a Sig, but it's ALSO a 1911...

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the diagram! Good to know I'm not on the dark side (except for my daily carry). As soon as I can find the digital camera (it always hides after vacations) I'll post pictures.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
AutoFan said:
So does this qualify a dark side purchase or what? I mean it IS a Sig, but it's ALSO a 1911...
Now, if it was a plastic 1911....:9:

:rofl:

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Auto Fan - congrats. Did not rfurtkamp or someone here pick one up recently too?

I would sure like to hear all the feedback going on that baby - but without trecking over yet to Sig forum!

I prefer arched MSH's myself but could well be that will feel fine - and even that sight issue - chances are it'll be dead bang on for you, unless slight windage tweak needed.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Bud White said:
no darkside is glock and any other plastic
Heh, and I always considered revolvers the light side, and ANY autos dark...

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Team American said:
Now, if it was a plastic 1911
Blasphemy! Oh the horror...:rofl:

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Chris, not to get off topic but your Avator is so freakin funny. I actually laughed out loud on that one.

Nice job.

Tribute to Dick!

Hey nice Sig pick up too, post some pics would ya! :rant:

Ti

·
Registered
940 Posts
P95Carry said:
Auto Fan - congrats. Did not rfurtkamp or someone here pick one up recently too?

I would sure like to hear all the feedback going on that baby - but without trecking over yet to Sig forum!
Yep, got one of the new models in Nitron finish.

It's now eaten almost 500 without complaint.

·
Registered
737 Posts
:hand10: It's all metal, single stack, single action and fires great big heavy bullets. What's not to love?

Oh wait it's not a Colt...

KILL THE BLASPHEMER!!!!! :para:

:tongue: JK dude, enjoy your Sig.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
tanksoldier said:
Heh, and I always considered revolvers the light side, and ANY autos dark...
Revolvers are mostly neutral... vintage revolvers are light side...

A P&R S&W K frame is a light side revolver for instance.

That thing at the SHOT show with the rails and internal lock might be dark side...

·
Super Moderator
22,275 Posts
The true dark side is black powder. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I took the GSR out to the range today, along with my BHP (40S&W) to test loads for pinshooting. Shot the BHP first, the new load was no better than the old load. Then I shot a box of CCI brass cased 230 grain FMJ's out of the GSR. It was more accurate than the BHP with no jams.

I think the GSR is now my pinshooting pistol and the BHP is going to be for IDPA where the additional capacity is an advantage and the accuracy is adequate.

Not to mention throwing big hunks of lead downrange is FUN!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts