Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Nice pistol and review . I have a 669 I bought mine in '88 but born on date is unknown and the box is looong gone Its a TBB309* . I like the pistol but never carried it much as its my only da/sa but still have it . My oldest grandson loves it and has shoot it far more than I have so I will give it to him in a few more years . Mine still has a limited number of rounds fired 500 maybe but my stock trigger pull is 8lb 1oz average for da and 3lb 4oz for the sa pull with the same trigger pull gauge .

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice pistol and review . I have a 669 I bought mine in '88 but born on date is unknown and the box is looong gone Its a TBB309* . I like the pistol but never carried it much as its my only da/sa but still have it . My oldest grandson loves it and has shoot it far more than I have so I will give it to him in a few more years . Mine still has a limited number of rounds fired 500 maybe but my stock trigger pull is 8lb 1oz average for da and 3lb 4oz for the sa pull with the same trigger pull gauge .
It sounds like you got a nice one. I don't have my reference materials at the moment, but that serial number seems like about 1985.

Howard

·
Super Moderator
18,668 Posts
Yep ... yep ... yep ... !!!

Good stuff Howard.

·
Registered
38,992 Posts
Love that brushed nickel finish. I wish my 6906 had that.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Love that brushed nickel finish. I wish my 6906 had that.
I think S&W is still producing a few revolvers in the Classic line with a nickel finish, but I think these limited 469's might be the last of their standard production semi-autos rendered in nickel.

Howard

·
Registered
566 Posts
Now that you have both this gun and the Hellcat, which do you like better, and given that the 469 was meant as a carry gun, which would you rather carry (if you weren't treating the 469 as an heirloom)?

·
Registered
38,992 Posts
I think you should have taken a couple single-action shots at the tack.

Reactions: hrfunk

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now that you have both this gun and the Hellcat, which do you like better, and given that the 469 was meant as a carry gun, which would you rather carry (if you weren't treating the 469 as an heirloom)?
I see them as slightly different in terms of their purposes. If I wanted a concealment piece I would opt for the Hellcat. If I was on duty working a plain clothes assignment, I would feel perfectly comfortable with the 469.

Howard

·
Registered
566 Posts
Okay. Thant makes sense. Thanks.

I see them as slightly different in terms of their purposes. If I wanted a concealment piece I would opt for the Hellcat. If I was on duty working a plain clothes assignment, I would feel perfectly comfortable with the 469.

Howard

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
BBMW Your comparing to very different pistols . The old apples to oranges thing . Your heck kitty is far more of a pocket pistol while the S&W 469 is far closer in size and weight to a small 1911 like the defender , ultra sized 1911 just with more rounds in the mag but finding a comparison will be hard to manage . The "compact s&w in its day was carried by many planes cloth officers - investigators and detectives .

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Carried a 469 for a while back in my Narc days. I liked it.

·
Registered
11,035 Posts
LOL. I was in high school during “Miami Vice.” I was one of those kids that dressed only in black...yet I was not a “goth.” Anyway, my stepmom bought me one of those Miami Vice linen jackets...in white. Wore it once...and that was that. Just wasn’t me.

Nice review. Interesting that this all-metal gun is about the same weight as the polymer Glock 26. Pretty amazing actually.

I bet they would sell if S&W made them again. I’d look at one in DAO.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I would like one with a thumb safety , not the decocker but after that first shoot the trigger is nice ! A g26 loaded is about the same weight as an empty s&w 469 or 669 empty but that bit of extra weight makes for a better shooter and still a great carry size and weight .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts