Defensive Carry banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Has this predominately HANDGUN-oriented forum really reached the "politically correct" tipping-point where the term "limp wristing" an autoloading pistol has become, uhhh...boorish? :blink:

Do y'all remember when a fairy was akin to an elf, a gnome or a wood nymph? And the phrase "Fairy Tale" was something that was read to anxious small children at bedtime? And gay meant happy? :yup:

IMHO, It all goes back to something my Dear Ol' Pappy explained to me DECADES ago, "Son, folks don't view the world the way the WORLD actually is. They view the world the actual way that...THEY are." :biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
39,180 Posts
Has this predominately HANDGUN-oriented forum really reached the "politically correct" tipping-point where the term "limp wristing" an autoloading pistol has become, uhhh...boorish? :blink:

Do y'all remember when a fairy was akin to an elf, a gnome or a wood nymph? And the phrase "Fairy Tale" was something that was read to anxious small children at bedtime? And gay meant happy? :yup:

IMHO, It all goes back to something my Dear Ol' Pappy explained to me DECADES ago, "Son, folks don't view the world the way the WORLD actually is. They view the world the actual way that...THEY are." :biggrin2:
I remember when a *** was a cigarette, a ****** was a bundle of sticks, gay meant happy, and colored was an acceptable reference for *****, which was also an acceptable reference to whatever is now the acceptable flavor of the day. I miss the time that words actually meant what they mean.

Reactions: ghost tracker

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ok - I get it. Limp-wristing has been and always will be an accurate and neutral term to describe the cause of common ejection and feeding problems. It's never been used derisively to make fun of a particular group of people at their expense. I'm therefore winding back my loaded and boorish comment now that this has been made clear in the follow-on responses.

·
Premium Member
39,180 Posts
Ok - I get it. Limp-wristing has been and always will be an accurate and neutral term to describe the cause of common ejection and feeding problems. It's never been used derisively to make fun of a particular group of people at their expense. I'm therefore winding back my loaded and boorish comment now that this has been made clear in the follow-on responses.
Glad we were able to help.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts