Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Researching some more options for my aunt here.

Who all makes single stack semiautomatic 9mm pistols without external safeties? I just want a list. Anything good, any price range.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
for aunt

Star pistols ....all steel, not much money, and good shooters to boot.
check out the Star BM

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
I guess really as a category we are thinking DAO types in the small league

R9 is the small contender but, at one big one - high on list re price.

I am trying to run thru mentally what else but keep needing to check re single or double stack. Plenty of folks will know.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Kahr.

·
Super Moderator
25,605 Posts
SIG P239....... 9mm, single stack, no external safety.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Seems the "lack of external safety" requirement might severely limit your choices. Not sure if Glock has a single stack in 9mm but if so that might be a decent option.
- S&W CS9 (Chief's Special auto) maybe?

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
I near said that Rick but could not remember if it was the 9mm. 'Usual' controls then I assume?.

Funny - I have yet to handle or shoot one. But I don't go small so not that surprising.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
No single stack on glock so lets see
Sig 239
Smith auto not sure #
kahr
Think taurus makes a pimp gun in single stack

and thats it for now but shot show is coming up

·
Registered
737 Posts
Chris, they have standard Sig controls. My brother just got one, we shot it today. It may make a convert out of me yet! My first shot, double action no less, was about an inch to the right of the bullseye at 25'. I'm not a very good shot either.

·
Super Moderator
25,605 Posts
P95Carry said:
I near said that Rick but could not remember if it was the 9mm. 'Usual' controls then I assume?.

Funny - I have yet to handle or shoot one. But I don't go small so not that surprising.
Yup! The P239 comes in two types, 9mm or the usual 357 SIG/40 S&W configuration........ Just like your favorite P226. :yup:

·
Super Moderator
25,605 Posts
Roadrunner said:
Chris, they have standard Sig controls. My brother just got one, we shot it today. It may make a convert out of me yet! My first shot, double action no less, was about an inch to the right of the bullseye at 25'. I'm not a very good shot either.
Most folks that have fired a 239 will tell you it's usually a "tack driver", I have to admit, I don't know why, but mine is probably the most accurate 9mm I've fired.

(Converts welcomed. :wave:)

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Aren't those P7s a bit hard to find now? Never seen one in person but they appear to be waaaay cool on the gadget factor. Ah well, maybe when I hit the lottery.
Jack

·
Registered
988 Posts
The Sig is a great choice. If you *could* do without the manual safety, the Kahr line is a great value. As far as no safety, it's DAO. If no pull trigger, gun not go "BANG"! :hand10:

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
How about a 6946? double stack 9mm like the 6906.......but in DAO........Stainless with Alloy frame, making it light, and durable..3.5 inch BBl...........along with user friendly controls..

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well it's come down to this.

A Kahr is too heavy apparently. The polymer version may still be an option however, as it is lighter.

The Kel Tec is light enough but I want something better for her if possible.

I adore my aunt but $1200+ for a P7 is just not going to happen I'm sorry!

I'm really not impressed too much with anything else in the size category. I am going to a gun show this weekend. I will see if I can find something, anything.

The good news is that she is open to a compact revolver now it seems. I may go that route for her. Trying to find a self loading pistol to her specifications has not been too productive.

The Smith and Wesson autoloader is an attractive suggestion but since I'm looking for used by default if I go that way, availability may not be there.

The other good news is it's still a couple of months I'd have to put any gun through its paces. If it turns out to be a dud I could deal with it for her.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts