Defensive Carry banner
1 - 2 of 26 Posts

· Registered
106 Posts
Good thread.... I'm going a bit off topic but I think making your home less of a target helps too. I can't believe how many homes I see with no outside lights on, pitch black. I always keep the driveway and porch well lit at night, even the back entrance. I also bought a cheap wireless door chime system and put the reciever next to the bed so if any door is opened the thing beeps.

You have to watch out for the door to door church people as well, you'll have one of them preaching while the other one is trying to see what kind of TV you have! people seem to let their gaurd down when children or church is involved, so be carefull about any unexpected visitors no matter how honest they seem. I'm also suspicious of people who are "working" in the neighborhood. Someone posed as a repair person could be casing the neighborhood.

Just watch the show called "It Takes a Theif" a real eye opener...

· Registered
106 Posts
I know what you mean Chris, I try not to feel too sorry for turning people away, I really don't feel that anyone has the right to go door to door at strangers houses. I actually find it rude for someone I don't know to be knocking on my door, if they want to leave an ad in my mailbox or something, that's fine, if I want what they're selling, I'll call them!

1 - 2 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.