Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is unbelievable. This happened in a town of 25,000 in Virginia.

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
The protesters have more rights and police protection than the law abiding citizens.
They have a first amendment right it seems to block commerce in streets. But you do not have the right to drive on the streets you pay for.
If every conservative American does not get out and vote these bast...ds out of office in November, shame on you.
What will happen to us if they control the White House, Senate and Congress. Good night America!

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
What will they say when a soccer mom with a car full of kids panics and runs over a dozen of these "peaceful" protestors? Again - they do this because we allow it.
They will charge her with homicide, that is what they will do.
The other question is what will they do when thugs rip a mother from her car and beat or kill her in front of her kids?

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
If you are forced to do something when you feel your life or the life of your child is in danger in the heat of the moment because the authorities will not respond to your plea for help. I wonder what a great defense attorney could do with that. A recording of a 911 call like that would sway a lot of reasonable minded jurors. I would argue, put yourself in that situation, what would you do to get home safe?
These cities and towns need to be buried in lawsuits.

·
Premium Member
3,949 Posts
This part of the transcript is infuriating:

After the dispatcher told her that she “cannot hit people with your car,” Durant updated the situation, saying, “They’re are on my car, all right? They’re on my car right now!”
The dispatcher’s reply? “We can’t do anything, ma’am. The city told us that this is a sanctioned event.”
Durant soon was panicking: “Get out of my car!” she screamed at protesters. “You know, this is gonna get dangerous! I’ve got a kid here!”
‘We suggest that you call up City Hall’
“Yes, ma’am,” the dispatcher replied. “We would suggest that you call up City Hall to let them know about your frustrations.”

I don't know what was going on with that dispatcher but it's criminal that she didn't send someone to help this woman.

If that ever happens to me, I'll blare my horn and I'll keep going...slowly, but steady. If someone wants to be a hood ornament, that's on them.

I used to go to Fredericksburg quite often when we lived in Virginia. It was a beautiful Civil War town with lots of history. I'm sure most of it will be torn down now.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
If this keeps up, I see soccer moms minivans being traded for Suburbans.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If you are forced to do something when you feel your life or the life of your child is in danger in the heat of the moment because the authorities will not respond to your plea for help. I wonder what a great defense attorney could do with that. A recording of a 911 call like that would sway a lot of reasonable minded jurors. I would argue, put yourself in that situation, what would you do to get home safe?
These cities and towns need to be buried in lawsuits.
Or...buried in bodies. Sooner or later, sooner or later, they're going to tangle with the wrong person.

If there is any justice in the world, sooner or later the rioters will contact city hall.

·
Registered
7,860 Posts
I think its time to stop referring to them as protestors.

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
What happened to this lady is terrible. No excuses for the protesters, or the cops who did not respond.

But I don't see how this happens. In this day and age, if you see anything that even remotely looks like a protest up ahead, you are crazy if you don't throw it in reverse or make a U turn. Fredericksburg is only and hour north of me. It is a pretty conservative town. If this can happen there, it can happen anywhere.

·
Registered
8,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
But I don't see how this happens. In this day and age, if you see anything that even remotely looks like a protest up ahead, you are crazy if you don't throw it in reverse or make a U turn.
That's what you and most people here probably would do. But if she had never encountered something like this before, or she was momentarily distracted by her child, I could see her not realizing what was going on until it was too late.

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
That's what you and most people here probably would do. But if she had never encountered something like this before, or she was momentarily distracted by her child, I could see her not realizing what was going on until it was too late.
As sad as that it is, people without SA will always get naturally selected. In this day and age, no one can afford to be as you describe.

This story prompted me to have a talk with my wife, who often visits my daughter in the city, near some of the the Confederate statues. I told her to stay head's up down there and if she sees anything that even looks like a protest, even one protester, stop, turn around and get out of there. Do not hesitate. Also, keep your pepper spray handy. She has a CC permit and a bit of training, but she won't carry, which is probably good, because if she did, I don't think she could shoot anybody.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts