Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been remiss in getting this online. This is a creation Dave made for me after a lengthy thread I read on DC about how a tac light saved a member's life. This has become a steady carry for me at night. Because Dave worked from an outline, I had to soften the leather and wax paper wrap it to get a smooth fit and easy draw. I believe Dave said that he now makes this with an FBI cant which I can see would make it even more defensive friendly. Just a thumbs up for Little Bear and his fine craftsmanship.

Attachments

·
Registered
928 Posts
Interesting, but is the belt supposed to go around the gun or behind it?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, but is the belt supposed to go around the gun or behind it?
Around it ("belt-over"). I much prefer this configuration. It "snugs" the gun to your hip and makes what would normally be an awkward concealment package much more doable.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Around it ("belt-over"). I much prefer this configuration. It "snugs" the gun to your hip and makes what would normally be an awkward concealment package much more doable.
Gotcha.....a true gun belt would not hurt either.

·
Registered
862 Posts
looks nice! I agree with ZX9RCAM a different belt might change up the snugness.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Looks like a Wilderness Frequent Flyer belt to me, except it looks like it has metal rings? Haven't seen that, and their site is down. Though it looks like it's the 1.25" model, I'd still call it a "gun belt".
Does the tension on the belt make the retention of the holster vary?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like a Wilderness Frequent Flyer belt to me, except it looks like it has metal rings? Haven't seen that, and their site is down. Though it looks like it's the 1.25" model, I'd still call it a "gun belt".
Does the tension on the belt make the retention of the holster vary?
It is a Wilderness Belt. The Frequent Flyer has poly rings. It has been an excellent belt and the retention is excellent. However, with a rig this "heavy" it does make sense to get a wider leather belt which Dave also makes.
ps. deeply offended that you would not think I'd wear a gun belt with my edc...:spankme:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts