Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Why not? I watched a few minutes of the vidio. Looked like he was supervised. I was shooting a rifle at that age, size.
oldogy

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
I started my sons and grand son when they were around five years old. I think that it is a great idea. The first thing that everyone must learn is safety and it looked like that youngster was safety conscious.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I agree. I learned gun safety at a very young age and it was ingrained into me. Get them started early with good supervision and teachings of safety at all times.

·
Super Moderator
50,584 Posts
Kept it pointed downrange all the time...proper equipment...well-supervised...:hand10::congrats:

Stay armed...start them young...stay safe!

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with him, someone should replace his slide stop though.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Where's any problem? I think he did great. He's well supervised, kept his weapon pointed downrange, obviously was well schooled in safety and handling of the weapon. A lot of adults I've seen couldn't do as well. My Son started young and we still enjoy shooting together.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
what in the world would NOT be legal about that kid at the range. Activities such as that should be MANDATORY for all kids!

surv

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
This is terrible. I am shocked. I am appalled. How could a father let a kid like that shoot a 1911? :aargh4: He should be shooting a Glock!! :yup: I am reporting him to child services right now.

In all seriousness, the kid had good technique. He was safe, appeared to follow all four of the safety rules, was supervised by the RO, didn't have any violations. I think this is great. I would hate to be a burglar breaking into his house to be confronted by a little kid who is probably more versed in proper firearm usage and can keep him at bay until the police come. I bet that would make national news.

·
Registered
102 Posts
what in the world would NOT be legal about that kid at the range. Activities such as that should be MANDATORY for all kids!

surv
:congrats: I couldn't agree more! That kid was AWESOME! I'm proud of him and I don't even know the kid. He kept the gun pointed down range at all times, took his finger off the trigger when he moved... and he MOVED! LOL. I'd love to know what his score was!

·
Registered
276 Posts
The only thing I found to comment on was the fact that he needed to work on the recoil anticipation. Every time he pulled the trigger on an empty chamber he pushed the weapon forward and down. I'm sixty and still work on that. Other than that I see no difference between he's doing and what Tiger Woods father had him doing at the same age.

Did I mention that he looked like he could outshoot a lot of people I know? Did I mention one of them was me?

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
It's horrible,that kid is going to grow up with a safe full of guns,anybody else notice the grips were removed for his small hands

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I think we just witnessed a future champion.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Pretty good form... leaning into it, good solid stance most of the time... did you catch the "thumbs forward" grip? And safe handling throughout...

Looks like he has an excellent instructor...

·
Registered
82 Posts
I wish he was my kid. My oldest a teenager could care less about guns and shooting. My inlaws his grandparents are NYS'ers. Enough said on that.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Not a thing wrong with it...Kid was great..

·
Registered
283 Posts
Wish I'd started that young. :comeandgetsome:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts