Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have initiated the application process for a ccw in Sacramento county. This was done online with the brand new system they have opted to use. My question has to do with the Live scan portion of the application I filled out. I am now realizing I was not supose to fill out that part of the form until the time of the interview. I have e-mailed someone in the ccw dept of sac county explaining what I did and what I should do now. The only reply I got was "please do not fill out the live scan portion of the application". No input on what I am suposed to do if that I already have. After two more e-mail inquires and a couple of phone calls without any response I'm in the dark as to what I am suposed to do now. My concern is they are going to deny my application and tell me to make another appointment.

Now I can not be sure but I think that I was made to fill out the entire application in order to move on the the next step. Has anyone had a similar issue with this part of the process? I am hoping to get some input before my scheduled appointment in a week from now. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
CA is like no other state. They may not deny you for filling out their application out of sequence but could obstruct the process and have you start over or go to the end of the line. I don't think there is much you can do except wait and see what happens.

This article is somewhat encouraging. At least your county issues a few more permits than other parts of your rouge state. Sorry you have to live under such oppression.

Sacramento Sheriff Scott Jones rolls out new policy making it easier to get concealed weapons permits | The Sacramento Bee

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Banned
4,084 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I will keep my opinion on angry white males to myself however you might consider that should you ever have to defend yourself with lethal or even not-so-lethal force, it helps to remember that content on this web site could be used in court. Identities are not private with the appropriate warrants.

Site admins, if this is not appropriate, please delete.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very good point. What was meant to be sarcastic satire and dark humor could indeed come back to bite me.
Thanks for your insight.
Mike in Sacramento

1 - 5 of 5 Posts