Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was perusing the news and saw this photo and had to laugh. It seems somebody neglected to unload the cap and ball revolver the shooter was carrying. df5931b0ff3793d7706eaf3aa4a8cf7474f1c49d.jpeg

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
They keep up their legislation and microstamping BS and that could be what LEO's start carrying in the very near future when Gun manufacturers quit selling guns there

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
They likely don't have the tools to remove them, so they probably removed the caps so it can't fire. The easiest way for them to empty the chamber is to fire it.

·
Super Moderator
19,936 Posts
Good observation.

Back in CT, unless there's a life cap on the nipple, the chamber is considered unloaded. Not sure what other states' rules are.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Yikes.....even if they didn't have the caps.....yikes!

·
Registered
42,916 Posts
Not scary at all if one understands how cap&ball works. Think of a cartridge with no primer. What got my attention is that he carried a cap&ball pistol.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I wonder about the percussion revolver also. I guess it's just what he had. They are still good for six shots most of the time. Why do they keep showing only the upper and not the lower of the rifle?Or did I just miss it.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
If they took the cap off they are good to go. Back in the 80s I knew several people that used black powder handguns for defensive guns. They weren't real diligent about cleaning the and you could smell them coming from a mile away.

·
Registered
14,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Remove cylinder, use an air compressor and its unloaded. I would not say it "Can't" go off, just very unlikely. The whole point is I thought it funny that it is displayed like that.

·
8,501 Posts
I like the golf ball launcher on the AR too.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Either the chambers on that revolver are packed with waaaaaay too much powder/wadding, or he didn't seat the balls properly. I guess they could be conicals...

I wonder what the deal with the AR upper sans lower is too...

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I wonder about the percussion revolver also. I guess it's just what he had. They are still good for six shots most of the time. Why do they keep showing only the upper and not the lower of the rifle?Or did I just miss it.
Not sure what the deal is with the pistol, but anyone can order one online without going through an FFL.

They're only showing the upper (second upper carried) because the complete AR is in evidence/forensic testing. So, this is what they had available. Believe me, between the upper and the loaded pistol, I looked for everything liberal about it, but it turns out they're doing it right.

Plusl their guys are issued HK 416's, so SMPD is alright in my book... ;)

For the record, my info is coming straight from a buddy at SMPD...

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
They likely don't have the tools to remove them, so they probably removed the caps so it can't fire. The easiest way for them to empty the chamber is to fire it.
All those ninnies need is a ball puller.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts