Defensive Carry banner

Local gun shop keeps getting robbed

693 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  pskys2 
#1 ·
We have a local gun shop that's been robbed multiple times... all told more than 70 guns have been stolen from them. I feel bad for them, I bought the gun I carry today from them several years ago... just a small mom and pop shop, they were real nice to me and had good prices. It seems like them getting robbed is just an endless cycle with no solution.

Imagine that... you own a business and every time your phone goes off in the middle of the night, the first thing you wonder is if someone smashed in the door to your shop again.

https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/...g-birmingham-area-gun-stores-2-hit-today.html

#2 ·
Not wishing anything illegal, but I only have two words for the owners:

CLAYMORE MINES

On a more serious note. We used to stop the shop and robbers by placing an officer armed with a 12 gauge and plentiful ammo in the back of the store from dusk to dawn. After a couple of the robbers got nearly decapitated, the armed robberies stopped. Wonder why?

#5 ·
I don't know what this shop does, but many LGS around here move handguns and MSR's into secondary containment at night. Yes, it sucks, but being in a leased unit in a strip mall severely limits what hardened security procedures can be implemented to the building itself.

#6 ·
Doesn't sound like it is getting robbed. It is getting burgled.

Guns on the rack and in display cases are not really secured. So your security is your perimeter which includes a lot of glass and such, not really secure. How hard is that to understand. WH mentioned a secondary security area. You would think a gun store would have a vault to store guns, but a lot of gun stores don't invest well in security. I noticed one of the gun stores in the article didn't even have bollards in front of the doors to prevent vehicle entry. Sometimes, gun store owners, while selling security, are extremely lax in security.

Reactions: WebleyHunter
#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.