Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
i would normally say no.....but with the unrest going on.....

and then there is this piece of news circulating several places that Colt is possibly going to be sold to CZ. If that happens, there is not much telling what will happen to original Colt manufactured guns as far as prices due to suddenly becoming more collectable.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Rabbit, it seems like you want it so it really comes down to how BAD DO YOU want it. 1500 is probably too much

·
Registered
177 Posts
If you offered 1200 and didn’t get it would you be upset? Do you have the cash to just buy it, call it a day, and be happy? If you hemmed and hawed and passed on it would you regret passing on the opportunity?

👺 Bwwaaaahahahah

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
If you offered 1200 and didn’t get it would you be upset? Do you have the cash to just buy it, call it a day, and be happy? If you hemmed and hawed and passed on it would you regret passing on the opportunity?

👺 Bwwaaaahahahah
Worst support group ever.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Yeah you can buy a new one for under a grand but the older models are fetching better then new prices all over the internet. Like many firearms folks put a premium on the older models based on truths, rumors, myths or legends. My previous research says the older models had a lot of hand fitting and polishing and the triggers are supposed to be top notch etc. Any truth to it??? Maybe but that's their selling points for the old production.
There was more hand fitting back then. Parlty because machining was not as precise. Which also makes then a bit harder to fix when they wear down. Not to mention there are not many smiths that can ever do that anymore. The newer ones are designed to minimize that sort of things while maintaining the same smooth trigger. They did a wonderful job of accomplishing that. The new ones have great triggers. A lot of older ones are safe queens for fear of wearing them out and not being able to fix them. Depends on what your wanting to do with them.

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Way to high on price. It’s just money they will print more money but not guns.... so...

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
What a breath of fresh this thread has been.
He’s at 15 your at 12 . There looks to be room for satisfaction for both seller and buyer. I’d like to have that Colt. Good luck

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
My other though ....for 1.2k you can still get two AR (or a crap load of lowers ) or a couple of semi auto handguns ..Or a boatload of mags ...Imop right now I would not buy any wheel guns or lever action /bolt action rifles etc unless it is a amazing deal ...Whats is going to be legal longer a 5 or 6 shot wheel gun or a AR15 lower or a 30 round mag .... Just saying

Double so as this is not a out of production or ultra rare mdoel ...This gun is still being made ( Maybe not as nice but still ) so not like if you pass you will be missing out ...

If I had 1.2k I would get all the over 10 round mags and "Bannable" stuff I could ..

Just my .02 cents

Reactions: CLASS3NH

·
Registered
95 Posts
Rabbit, FWIW, the Original King Cobras are long out of production. The new "King Cobras" are compact Detective Special/Diamondback sized guns. The original King Cobra in the photos is comparable to the S&W L-Frame in size.

I can't tell anybody what an original King Cobra is worth, but prices are not directly comparable to new or used "King Cobra" prices....

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Well as much as I would really like to get this revolver I'm going to have to wait. Hopefully it will still be there in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
1500 is a HUGE stretch for it........1100 is more like it, BUT, it always is what we are willing and able to pay for that sets the real price, and value.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts