Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
They look like real winners. I guess we are going to see more of this if things don't improve. My folks live in Statesville. I carry when I go and visit.
Semper Fi

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
They look like real winners. I guess we are going to see more of this if things don't improve. My folks live in Statesville. I carry when I go and visit.
Semper Fi
It happened long before our current financial plunge into the drink. As long as there are people who want what someone else has without working to get it, it will continue. Though I do agree it will happen more often in times like this.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'd expect it in Charlotte before Hickory.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
New slogan would you like some lead with that cash

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
It happened long before our current financial plunge into the drink. As long as there are people who want what someone else has without working to get it, it will continue. Though I do agree it will happen more often in times like this.

^^^^^:hand10:^^^^^:hand10:^^^^^YEP^^^^^^:hand10:

"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."
~ Henny Youngman

·
Registered
220 Posts
The thief walked into the restaurant at 1380 Fairgrove Church Road at about 6:30 p.m., pulled out a black handgun and ordered the 10 diners and employees into the office area of the building.
I don't know NC law, but in some places, that is all that is required for a charge of kidnapping.
State v. Wagner, 191 Wis. 2d 322, 528 N.W.2d 85 (Ct. App. 1995), the appeals court upheld a separate conviction for kidnapping. In Wagner, the defendant approached two women on two separate occasions in a laundromat. Both times, the defendant tried to force the women into a bathroom to rape them. He was convicted of two counts of attempted first-degree sexual assault, one count of kidnapping while armed, and one count of attempted kidnapping while armed. On appeal, he argued that he should not have been convicted of kidnapping because, under section 940.31(1)(a) of the Wisconsin Statutes, kidnapping is defined in part as the carrying of a person "from one place to another," and he had not taken his victims to another place. The court disagreed, holding that forced movement from one room to another falls within the meaning of the kidnapping statute. Ultimately, the appeals court affirmed the defendant's sentence of 72 years in prison.

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
I hope the armed kidnapping charge sticks...these geniuses won't be seeing daylight for years...:hand1::hand1::hand1::banned:

·
Registered
245 Posts
One of the situations when nobody got killed this time. That's good. When t o shoot or not to shoot is something I turn over a lot in my mind, as I think everyone on this board does. If I'm just sitting down eating and the guy does a rob and run, and I'm not immediately threatened, then in my mind my chances are better to just be a good witness.

The scariest part was when the robber herded everyone into the office. That's my trigger point. Even if he's got the drop on me, I'm figuring odds are we're moving to a different crime scene to be executed, so it's time to resist. Armed with a gun or not. (This is fiction, but that's what happened to the main character's son in "The Accidental Tourist" This story just reminded me of that).

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Any place and any time.......train yourself, be alert and prepare

·
Registered
161 Posts
Quote from some sheep

----------------------------------
i do not like law enforcement in this county but this was a good job by the officers involved, i call it like i see it. when they screw up i will post and when the do a great job i will post, it's been a while since i could post anything positive. as for the nra crowd on here, catawbacountynative, it took you three posts to get your grammer right, what makes you think you could shoot an armed criminal under pressure if you can't even type correctly when you get excited. show me ONE example of where a crime was stopped due to someone carrying a concealed weapon and i will show you FIFTY examples of when a kid finds a handgun and kills someone accidentally. i believe there was a 5 year old in charlotte this past week who died because of a handgun. everyone should have a rifle or shotgun to defend their home or go hunting but handguns are only good for crooks and cowards.if you would have been in that mcdonalds with a concealed gun one of 2 things would have happened---1) most likely you would never even pulled it out because you would be too scared, people who feel safe with guns are terrified just as equally when one is pointed at them or 2) you would have pulled it out and got yourself or an innocent civilian shot or best case scenario you would have killed one of the crooks. they deserve to go to jail for a long time but killing them would have been useless, there life is just as valuable as yours and most likely you would be tied up in court for a few years for killing someone when there was no need to. let the crooks get your money and flee, everone walked away alive, there was no need for deadly force and the bad guys are in jail and all of the john wayne impersonators are bragging online about what they would do if they were there. another normal day in catawba county

---------------------------------------------

I love how sheeple assume that guns in the hands of anyone is a bad thing. What about a 5' 2" 125lbs woman defending herself from a 6'2" 280lbs rapist? Or an 80 year old man from a 25 year old thug?

Some people just don't get it... :aargh4:

·
Registered
668 Posts
I love how sheeple assume that guns in the hands of anyone is a bad thing. What about a 5' 2" 125lbs woman defending herself from a 6'2" 280lbs rapist? Or an 80 year old man from a 25 year old thug?

Some people just don't get it... :aargh4:
Take the opportunity to teach: post a reply. That commenter might not get it, but someone else might.

·
Registered
668 Posts
The scariest part was when the robber herded everyone into the office. That's my trigger point. Even if he's got the drop on me, I'm figuring odds are we're moving to a different crime scene to be executed, so it's time to resist.
That's my trigger point (cool term!) too. It goes along with something I was taught earlier, if I'm being car-jacked: Don't go with anyone, anywhere, at gun/knife-point. If they're not dealing with you where you are, they're taking you somewhere else - where they can do what they want with you.

Scary stuff.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
One of the situations when nobody got killed this time. That's good. When t o shoot or not to shoot is something I turn over a lot in my mind, as I think everyone on this board does. If I'm just sitting down eating and the guy does a rob and run, and I'm not immediately threatened, then in my mind my chances are better to just be a good witness.

The scariest part was when the robber herded everyone into the office. That's my trigger point. Even if he's got the drop on me, I'm figuring odds are we're moving to a different crime scene to be executed, so it's time to resist. Armed with a gun or not. (This is fiction, but that's what happened to the main character's son in "The Accidental Tourist" This story just reminded me of that).
That would also get a response from me if I hadn't done something sooner. There is no way in hell I letting anyone herd me to slaughter as long as there is a breath in me.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I suspected the Hamburglar right from the start.

The 10 hostages included Ronald McDonald, Mayor McCheese, Grimace, Birdie the Early Bird, and The Fry Kids.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts