Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Now that I'm gainfully employed again, I'm beginning to dream of a day down the road I can afford a new gun.

I've always WANTED to like Glocks, but I'm one that the grip just did NOT work for.

I know various companies do grip reductions, but I've never seen one that looked as good as an OEM frame.

I came across the Lone Wolf replacement frames, and the pics look like just the ticket, but there is little info on their site: Lone Wolf Distributors - Main Page

Anyone have any thoughts?

I'm not in any kind of hurry. Next gun is still a ways off, and will likely be another CZ75, but still.......

·
Registered
493 Posts
I like the looks, but how would you register the firearm. Would the lower be sent to an FFl since the main serial number is on the lower of a Glock frame. Always wondered about this? Looks good though..

:image035:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No idea on either question. Their website leaves a bit to be desired, and since I'm not looking to buy right now, I haven't bothered calling them.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Like you Arko, a Glock just doesn't have that feel. I'm also not a big fan of DAO/striker fire weapons. Very hard to beat the ergonomics and accuracy of a CZ.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I'm no Glock fan, but I did own a 23 at one time. Never cared much for it and sold it for an M&P, then of course, the M&P for another 1911. I'd like an M&P again, but a slimmer frame Glock may be an option. Well, probably not. Maybe an H&K P30....

I Googled it and here's what I found. I'm not a member on the Glock forum, but I was able to view the images and info.

Lone Wolf Dist Launches New Glock Receiver - Glock Talk

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm..interesting GT chatter. Still not a whole lot of info.

Archer, in the end I'll probably just stick with CZ..and maybe a SIG or two down the line as well!

I just figured I might have found a flavor of the Glock Kool-Aid I could like!

·
Registered
5,327 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kind of interesting...still don't care for the finish. it looks like basement work to me, though it clearly isn't.

·
Administrator
143,833 Posts
Have you seen these aftermarket GLOCK frames yet? CCF RaceFrames.
CCFRaceFrames.com :: Home

Rounded Trigger Guard
Enlarged Magazine Well
Extended Swept Beaver Tail
Improved Thumb Relief Areas = More Positive Grip
Checkered Front Grip With Finger Grooved Eliminated
Interchangeable Grip Straps with 1911 Grip Angle Option
Trigger Guard Opening Enlarged = No Trigger Finger Pinch
Scalloped Area Surrounding Magazine Release Button For Positive Disengagement
Hi-Cut and Radiused Front Strap / Trigger Guard for Reduced Middle Knuckle Pressure
Hi-Cut and Beavertail Allow the Frame to Sit Lower In Your Hand For Improved Recoil Control
Accepts Picatinny Accessories
Frame Rails Lengthened 5x than Original Glock® polymer frame rails
Enhanced Accuracy, Muzzle Control and Vastly Improved Ergonomics!
Improved Weight & Balance
Alloy Rigidity = Consistantly Crisp Trigger Pull
Accepts all Original components: drop-in / no fitting required
Works with your original holsters. For Accessories, see FAQs #5, 14 & 19

1 - 11 of 11 Posts