Defensive Carry banner

Do you carry a long gun in your vehicle?

• Yes

Votes: 22 17.1%
  • No

Votes: 63 48.8%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Other-please explain

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Usually keep a 12 ga. w/ slugs and 00 buck behind the seat.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
yes, but only for work. it is in the g-ride. rem 870, max out, full raid gun.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I'd like to keep something ''useful'' in the truck but - in PA - no can keep loaded.

I do tho always have my Marlin Papoose in back under the seat - very quick to assemble and stuff in a mag and it's good to go. Hardly an SD tool but - now and again useful for small critter despatch!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sometimes carry a Mossberg ATP-8 12ga. Since we can't carry loaded here in Washington, all ammo is in Sidesaddle (6 rounds). Can have at least 2 ready to go in the time it takes to get out of the vehicle.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Like amlevin said, can't carry it loaded in WA. I did keep a 10-22 behind the pickup seat for a while with a couple loaded mags in the front, but I park in some bad areas and didn't want to give it to some vehicle prowler.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
In MA, can't even have an unloaded long gun "on a public way" without having it cased! Hi-cap long guns must be unloaded and in a locked case/trunk while transported. Lo-cap long guns must be unloaded in a vehicle (very old anti-jacking law, I am told).

·
Registered
693 Posts
I live in Illinois and would have to have the gun cased and unloaded. Even then some of the local cops say that is illegal.

Bottom line is I don't keep one in the vehicle because I don't want to get harassed by cops that don't know the law.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I wish I could have it loaded in my vehicle. But I don't carry a long gun in my truck.

I am thinking of getting one of those SUV caddy things for my Blazer like in Cabelas and such. Lockable sotrage. Like to get a Ruger carbine or Kel Tec SU16 or M1 carbine or something. OK, actually a SOCOM 16 would be nice but can't afford it.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I would except that I've had two cars broken into (albeit in NYC), so I'm scared it could happen again and loose my long gun.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
usually when I go camping. can't have it loaded while traveling, but nice to have the 30-30 in camp and while walking inth mountains.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Does an AR-15 bushy in the truck count !

·
Registered
103 Posts
ops...i meant trunk...yes for work , didnt want anyone to freak on me !

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Winchester 120 Ranger 12g pump cut down to 26.25".

In Colorado you can't have a round in the chamber, but they can be in the magazine tube.

Carry extra ammmo for the SG (slugs and OO buck) and 9mm for my carry pistol as well, plus basic survival/ bug-out supplies.

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
I drive a pu into the downtown area frequented by many BG. An unconcealed long gun would only invite break ins, a situation that I would prefer to avoid.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts