Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has to be one of the busiest forums on the internet and I am a member of quite a few. One of the draw backs is when the forum is busy I will click to go to a different page and sometimes it is several minutes before it changes. Most of the time I give up and go to a different forum. Other forums change pages just as fast as ever, and I don't seem to have as much of a problem in the mornings as later in the day. It is slower than a old dial up connection, lol!! Just wondering if others have noticed this and if any plans are in the works to fix this?
Thanks
NCH

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I've apparently come onto the forum at some very busy times the past couple of days. My pages only take a few seconds to load though. Time for some computer maintenance maybe, or just a simple restart will speed things up a bit. Or......you could make a forum donation and that might possibly speed things up as well.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
A few times I have had trouble signing on. But, nothing consistant.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have cleared all the cookies and such and restarted my puter as well, nothing changes and as I said the other forums work flawlessly. I don't have the extra $ to be a supporter right now and don't feel that should change anything any how!!

NCH

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Strange thing, now that I logged back on to check this thread it is running quickly again...????

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I was just kidding on the supporter thing....in a way, and I didn't mean it would make a difference for you alone...just that extra bandwidth costs more. Luckily we don't have a waiting period or 'flood' gate like some other sites do....nothing like keying in a reply and it coming back and telling you to try again in 45 seconds.

·
Premium Member
20,035 Posts
While still within reasonable performance levels most of the time I have noticed that at peak times things have begun to slow down a bit. I expect that at least some of it is being caused by the growth and traffic on the site. In a couple of weeks I will be upgrading the script to the latest release. When I do that many of the script modifications I have made will be temporarily removed and then added back one at a time. I want to take some performance measures before each is reinitiated to see if they may negatively be impacting performance. If needed after all of that we may need to look at another hardware upgrade at the first of the year....

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
It's been really slow for me last night and today. Had a couple of time last night when it timed out trying to get to the site. From my home page (google), Defensive Carry takes a bit more than 5 seconds to the opening page. At the same time,
KSCCW.com
Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps
Handgunlaw.us
Concealed Carry - Kansas Attorney General
Cowboy Action Shooting
SASS Wire Forum (Powered by Invision Power Board)
The Internet Movie Database (IMDb)
VideoETA - The best source for DVD release dates
www.weather.com - Customization Signup
all take just over 1 second to opening page.:confused:

Hoss

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies, I am just glad to know someone is aware of the problem. Seems to running good this morning, better look quick before the left coast wakes up, lol!!!

NCH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.