Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a long slide or full size (5 inch or 6 inch) pistol. Something with either a red dot on it, or ready for one to be put on.

But my question is, is this type of pistol obtainable at around the $600-700 mark? I've been looking around but it seems a lot of what I'm finding are custom builds.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Glock has their MOS line of optic ready pistols in all the major calibers, all with 5"-6" barrels. I think M&P's are also available in that configuration as well. All of them should be in that price range.

Reactions: Freedz and rocky

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
Also I believe the xd Springfield is avalible for optic mounting too. Of course the optic costs on top of the pistol price.

·
Registered
9,894 Posts

Cannick ...

or glock MOS models or m&p ...Or save up for the very cool FN tactial 45acp with 14 round mags and silencer ready.

Reactions: Freedz

·
Registered
475 Posts
Would depend on where you might find them as these 3 are more like $800 range but worth taking a look. Sig 320 RX, Springfield XD-M with Vortex sight, Walther PPQ Q5. I just picked up the Sig 320 RX fullsize as a special order--a really fine gun and nice matchup with Romeo 1.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Just about every one of the plastic fantastic gun makers offers at least on. I would like to have a Springfield or sig personally.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
At that price you won't find anything equipped with an optic, but optic ready is easy. Others have mentioned the various models, I would say buy you own optic unless it comes with a something good

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I have a friend selling a m&p 9 pro series with a loupold (spelling?) delta point red dot. 2 mags and a holster. The mags and holster don't really add anything for me so those are considered.

But he's asking $700. It's be a little over for a bg check but that's with any thing I purchase so that doesn't count either.

Does that price sound reasonable?

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
19,686 Posts
A Glock G40 MOS 10mm with a six inch barrel is ready for an optic.

Glock G40 (1024x768) (2017_01_22 17_26_42 UTC).jpg

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went to one of my local gun shops today and fondled some pistols.

I held the m&p 9 pro series, a sig(forget which model, 320 maybe?), and a few of the glocks.

I've never been one to like the glocks, but out of all of them, the glock actually felt the best.

The m&p had the worst trigger I think I've ever felt on a pistol beside a Taurus 24/7 I won in a raffle. The sig felt alright but didn't feel so good it screamed out at me. The glocks felt pretty good overall. Trigger was decent and balance was better to me than the smith (all empty).

So I'm deciding between the glock 34 and 17. Both the mos models. The 34 has the longer sight radius I want.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
Well I ordered a Glock 34 mos last night. Should have it mid week if I can get down there after work on night.
I think you'll be happy with that choice. I have a 34 that I bought to shoot some competition stuff with. I like it but ended up mostly just sticking to my 19 for whatever reason. Now the thing sits in my safe and listens to war stories from the other guns...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah I've never really liked the glocks, or even wanted to own one. But like I mentioned i went to my local gun shop and handled a few different models and the glock was the winner overall out of the ones I held. The m&p probably felt the best in the hand, but that's where that one ended for me.

The sig felt ok, and had a decent trigger, but something just didn't jive with me. They had the xd competition there but I have a couple XDs and wanted to try something new.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was able to pick it up today after work then head to the range for 100 rounds. It shoots nice. I need to get used to the sights. I seem to be shooting a bit high and to the left. If I hold a bit low right, they hit center.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
I've got the Glock 35 that was issued to me. My agency laser engraved my badge on the slide and gave it to me when I retired. I rarely shoot it anymore but it shoots good. Oddly I shot better scores with the Glock 23's we previously had before they started issuing the G-35's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts