Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im caleb from louisiana... I'm about to be 20 saturday and im addicted to guns for some reason..
I have a rem 870 shotgun, marlin 30-30, browing .308 and some other guns.
Im supposed to be getting some hand-me-down guns from my stepdad for my birthday.
Supposedly im getting a S&W .44 mag revolver and a .45 colt revolver... I dont really think these are good to start with pistols and I don't see myself carrying these... But its a start.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Those are pretty nice hand-me-downs. Maybe not the best carry guns, but good for HD.

Plus, any gun you don't have to pay for is a good gun.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Welcome!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was hoping he would hand down his new ar-15 :comeandgetsome:/
I've never really shot anything other than my friends 9mm, do they recoil bad compared to a 9m?

Thanks for the great welcome.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Welcome from the Ozarks. Your step dad must think you are special. My guns are going to the child or relative I think will take care of them best and use them the most.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome from Alabama.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
:bier: from Ga.

Sounds like some pretty nice hand me downs to me.:hand10:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Greetings from UT, and Welcome to the Forum!

-Plop

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I was hoping he would hand down his new ar-15 :comeandgetsome:/
I've never really shot anything other than my friends 9mm, do they recoil bad compared to a 9m?

Thanks for the great welcome.
Welcome!
Speaking of the .44 revolver the recoil firing Magnum ammo is a lot more than the 9mm, using .44 spl ammo it will be much tamer to shoot. I have a S&W Model 29 with a 4 inch barrel and shooting .44spl loads is about 1/4 the recoil of the Magnum loads. Basically the .44 spl fired out of mine compares to firing a standard pressure .38 spl from a steel J-frame.
Now bear in mind I'm not the least bit recoil shy, and have been known to fire the Magnum loads one handed, your mileage may vary.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.