Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been shooting target since I was 4 when my father taught me how to shoot and how to be safe with a gun. Been trying to take my CCW class here in Utah for near 2 years, wife wanted to take it with me and scheduling just wasn't working out. But after Sandy Hook and the Goverment actions were quite clear they have no interest in protecting the people or our children. I realized that it is up to us, the people to protect ourselves and our children. I signed my wife and I up for the next available class, even with a tight schedule, (my wife was 2 hours late getting to work). But I now have a generalized training for appropriate carry. Now that I carry, I pray that I never will have to use it.

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

·
Registered
11,671 Posts
Welcome from Delaware!

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
... the Goverment actions were quite clear they have no interest in protecting the people or our children. I realized that it is up to us, the people to protect ourselves and our children.
Of course, that's exactly why keeping and bearing arms is so frightfully important. You are your own best security guard, and you're on duty 24x7 for yourself and your family. Absolutely why we carry. :yup:

Congratulations on going after your carry license, to both of you! It's a great plan, to tag-team the role. It can make things much simpler. Good luck with everything.

Welcome to the forums. Lots of good people here. Jump right in.

BTW, here is some reading/training I might suggest.

• In The Gravest Extreme -- book by M. Ayoob.
  • The Truth About Self Protection -- book by M. Ayoob.
  • Cornered Cat web site -- great material from the woman's point of view, on gear, training/tactics.
  • Armed Citizens' Rules of Engagement -- MAG-20, MAG-40 training courses from Massad Ayoob Group. Essential information for the concealed carrier. Courses coming up in Idaho and Utah in September 2013.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Welcome from Southwest Florida.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin!

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee! The "Patron State of Shootin' Stuff!"

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Enjoy the forum.................... :wave:

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Howdy from Ohio...good to have you in the house!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts