Defensive Carry banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Same in this part of NC.
I hope my sheriff's office does that. I have a calendar reminder set in my phone about a month ahead of when my permit expires a year from now. But an extra reminder from them would be nice.

Edit: in NC, if you renew a couple of months ahead of time, does your renewal date stay the same? In other words, you don't lose a couple of months of your five year cycle? This will be my first renewal, so I haven't been through this before.

·
Registered
202 Posts
My permit is from Indiana...life time permit...just happened that I was due to renew when they first started offering life time permits...good thing to...I've pretty much been working overseas since 2006...only in the states once a year every other year or so...

·
Super Moderator
16,079 Posts
I hope my sheriff's office does that. I have a calendar reminder set in my phone about a month ahead of when my permit expires a year from now. But an extra reminder from them would be nice.

Edit: in NC, if you renew a couple of months ahead of time, does your renewal date stay the same? In other words, you don't lose a couple of months of your five year cycle? This will be my first renewal, so I haven't been through this before.
No, the renewal date stays the same. You do not lose any months.

Reactions: Fallsrider

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
This post made me check my permit. I'm good until summer of 2022. But I'll probably forget about it by then.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Google Calendar. I have entries that will notify me 30 days before expiration for both my drivers license and CHL.
The same for me.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
We don't get expiration notices from my state and it takes about 30 days to get the renewed license.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
here it's from whatever date it was first issued to you,birthday doesn't really matter unless that is when you go get it

·
Registered
693 Posts
I just got a reminder for mine. KY just passed constitutional carry so I don’t have to have it, but I’ll renew so I can carry in states with reciprocity and not have to do a background check when buying a gun.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I was digging in my wallet this morning and glanced at my permit and something made me look a little closer.....dang thing expired on the 15th😳 so here I am this afternoon minus $30 but it's good for 2 more years again
Too bad we have to get permission from the government to exercise a right.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
I have reminders in the online family calendar, because I can't afford to forget about a couple of my permits. I got my CT permit while I was living in the state, and as long as I renew it on time, I can keep it forever. If I forget, I lose it, and I'd have to try to get a non-resident permit. Don't want to have to do that in a blue state.

My MA non-resident permit expires every year ($100/yr), and forgetting that one would be a major PITA. My wife's family lives in MA and I spend a lot of time there, so can't have that happen.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts