Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deputies search for armed gunmen

I was on the cruise and just decided to post. I was luckely on a cruise at the time and my guns in the safe. Since then I have started carrying all the time when I am at home. I normally don't because I am in the Coast Guard and we can't bring personal firearms onto the base.

We believe it to be a "grow" house since they had aluminum foil covering the rear windows (which face Florida State Forrest). We are trying to have the renters tossed out by talking with the HOA. I also rent in this neighborhood. It's a really nice neighborhood so it shocks me to think it happened. In front of my house no less (3 doors down).

Pretty Crazy.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
WOW, that is pretty crazy.... It does look like a nice place. Keep safe.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
the article

Deputies search for armed gunmen
Updated: Wednesday, 12 Aug 2009, 10:23 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 12 Aug 2009, 10:10 PM EDT

Deborah Bowden
ELLENTON - The hunt is on for two gunmen in Manatee County who crashed into a home and broke into another. It happened Tuesday night in Ellenton on Willows Bridge Loop in the Covered Bridge Estates subdivision.

Officers have yet to make any arrests in the case, but detectives say they have a lot of leads. They have the car, and one of the guns they say the armed suspects used.

“I just heard a really really loud bang,” said a woman who lives in the neighborhood that did not want to be identified.

While the gunmen were trying to make their getaway they drove between two houses and ended up crashing into her air conditioning unit.

“Last night, all you could see was the car that was propped up against the wall,” the woman told FOX 13.

Down the street, investigators say, the gunmen trashed a nearby house just before midnight. A 14-year-old girl was home alone. When she heard someone breaking in deputies say she grabbed her phone and hid inside the shower – where she called 911.

Investigators say the two gunmen eventually found the teenager, pointed their guns at her and demanded money. However, deputies say they left empty handed, without hurting the girl.

“They went in there looking for something specifically,” said Manatee County Sheriff Spokesman Dave Bristown. “They asked her for the money, they ransacked the house, didn’t find anything and took off.”

No one was at the home Wednesday – one day after the attack. Neighbors say they’re not surprised, finding it hard to imagine how scared the little girl must have been.

“It makes you feel unsafe,” said the unidentified neighbor. “Your safety has been invaded.”

Now, they just hope whoever did this will be caught soon.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Down here Drug smugglers are hiding stashes in houses in upscale gated areas,they figure it won't draw as much attention,when the cops raid them the only thing in the house is bales of marijuana or hundreds of kilos of cocaine

·
Registered
332 Posts
Animals, however, glad they didn't rape the teen girl, something must have kept them on the move.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts