Then over in the corner they had the Pardner Pump
12 gauge on sale for $219. Not a bad price except
for the fact that it's made in China. Looked like a
decent gun and I liked the shorter barrel. Going to
shop around first though.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Look on Gunbroker for an 870, set to lowest price first and have fun. Buy a beater and put new furniture on it. They never wear out.

·
Administrator
143,726 Posts
I'd stay with the 870.
It's a much better investment that will hold some $$$ value.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i just got that same pardner pump last week!! its a great shotgun. despite what others say, its actually a whole lot of shotgun for the money these are a few of the reasons....

* The Barrel locking lug is in a better location as a tactical shotgun. Being higher up it is a stronger setup. There is no need for a mag tube clamp with a 3.5" tube extension because it is shorter. Also plenty of room to put a rail mount for a flashlight or sling mount.

* Better shell lifter design - no need for a 870 flexi tab

* Thick Hardened high carbon steel receiver

* Metal trigger guard

* Parkerized finish

* Machined extractor

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
The 870 Express is good to go in my opinion. In an emergency....go for what looks best at the time. If not, suppress the urge in order to have more peace of mind later. In my opinion, it's worth the wait.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
In the world of shotguns, you get what you pay for.

I havent seen a Chinese gun yet that was up to par. I think I would trust American plastics over Chinese metals anyday. Heck, I think I would trust Chinese plastic over Chinese metal.

Once all the taxes and import fees are subtracted from the price on that pardner, what do you suppose the actual value is?

·
Super Moderator
17,107 Posts
Add my vote for the 870 also, lots of after market parts to equip it any way you want.

·
Banned
5,253 Posts
Add my vote for the 870 also, lots of after market parts to equip it any way you want.
Add another vote for the 870.

Biker

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I own 3 870's, all over 20 years old and all functioning like new. I don't know about plastic, mine are all metal. Maybe you should consider an older used one.

·
Registered
611 Posts
The 870 is a great Shot Gun. If your looking for more economical try looking at the Mossberg. You wont get a Remington but your not buying Chinese either. The Mossberg has all the Tactical add on feature you may want, extension tubes ect. I would hold the quality of the steel as suspect. I would not buy a weapon made with Brazilian steel either. I'm not trying to be a weapons snob here but as mentioned earlier, you get what you pay for. Safety first.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
As much as I dislike "Made in China" stamped on anything, it doesn't always mean bad quality. Norinco 1911s are generally regarded as good base pistols for customs. I've owned a couple Chicom SKS that worked just they way they were designed.
I know they had a hard time copying an F16 but producing a shotgun is well within their technical capabilities.

As for Brazilian steel, stay away from Springfield 1911s. IMBEL makes Springers 1911 frames, slides and barrels as well as FAL recievers.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I do love my old friend the 870 wingmaster. It rocks!

·
Registered
203 Posts
870 is awesome.

Also, Dick's has a sick deal out right now for the Remington 11-87. $500 after rebates. More expensive than the pump, but also more versatile...

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
870 is good to go. I personally love the Mossberg 500 series as well. Can't go wrong with either rig. There is a reason why each is used by our armed forces.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
get an 870, use or new. best shotgun all a round.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I've got the Mossberg 930 SPX. I've shot about 200 rounds so far with no hint of a jam.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Another consideration: I have a mossberg 500A but if I was buying again, I'd get something more "Uncle Ed" looking- less black, more blue, wood furniture. Just in case you have to go to court.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts