Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to a friend the other day about what kind of holster he had for his XD sub compact. I was thinking about getting the K&d Thunderbird Defender. For my XD 40 Sub compact I like the Idea that you can wear in IWB and OWB and Even tuck it. Does any one know anything about this holster. I hate to buy something with out some input.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
K&D holsters are top notch. I have a Laredo Defender for my G19 and it's great...

·
Registered
208 Posts
K&D holsters are top notch. I have a Laredo Defender for my G19 and it's great...
Just what I like to hear, buyers decision validation.:danceban:

I just ordered a Laredo Defender for my G19. :yup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There on sale right now too. I am going to order one this afternoon sale ends today

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
K&D makes excellent holsters and are great people to deal with. I have a Dakota Defender. Build quality is top notch. They didn't make the Thunderbird when I got it or I may have considered it. It looks like a great holster also. Folks talk highly of them. :hand10:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
I have the same holster for my G23. I called and talked to Kevin and asked him to 'modify' for me slightly (ride hight and cant). He said not a problem and I got one heckva GREAT holster!

K&D's stuff is quality. I have no experience with the Thunderbird Defender but I'd wager if that's something you or your friend is looking at, it'll be well received!

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I had thought that Kevin was not making holsters at this time. I guess he changed his mind or I was confused.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just ordered it people there are awesome can't wait to get it only down fall is it takes 8-10 weeks

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a Thunderbird Defender on order right now. I called to order it for a 3.5" 1911 with Crimson Trace grips. It was not offered for this gun as Kevin did not have a model to make it from. They said they would see what they could do and call me back. Within a couple days they called back and said that they had found a gun with the crimson trace grips so they could build the holster. Top notch service. What more could you ask for? I can't wait to get it.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I learned that Kevin had stopped taking orders in July, but has been taking orders since 1 Oct.
I am glad to see that, and his sale is a good deal if you need, or just want, a holster.:smile:

I especially like the Laredo Defender for my G26.

Regards,
Jerry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts