Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one goes out to the rifle shooters who also like to hunt. I have a little Swed. Mauser that has been cut down to make a sweet little deep woods/ tree stand gun. The problem is that I scoped it for deer season last year , and although it proved to be very accurate off the bench it just doesn't feel right when trying quick off hand shots. The balance just isn't right. So i am thinking of putting a set of xs-sights on it . does anyone have any experience with these? I would value your input.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
No exp with xs sight.

But i like a Express Sight style that is on my 10/22 has a front gold bead and deep rear v for the rear sight.

Works very well for a quick sight picture

I think the xs would work pretty well Also

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bud, What I am thinking of doing is getting a rear ghost ring with a tritium front dot bead, simular to what xs is putting on pistols. They make a ghost ring rear sight that can attach to the base I already put on the rifle. I was wondering if anybody out threr has used these before. I was curious as to how they hold up in field conditions.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
Just be sure the sights are small enough for precision shots. Perhaps a forward mounted scope with long eye relief might make for a faster scoped shooter.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have done that Rocky. I did a Scout configuration on a 8mm Mauser a few years back, just looking to try something new.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
XS offers dots and wide and narrow posts. The dot (Standard, not BIG), to me, offers the best compromise between speed and accuracy. I use the posts on rifles where I expect to shoot 100 yds + (AR-15, G3). I like them!:wave:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your input folk, I appreciate it. I think this will be a neat little rifle when I get done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts