Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of getting a Springfield 1911 as my carry gun. I now carry a P220 Sig. It has been years since i've broken down a 1911
Does anyone know were I can find a good video that will show me step by step how to disassemble a 1911 to clean it good? I know there is more to taking a 1911 apart then there is to my Sig.

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you're looking for a basic field stripping/routine maintenance/lubrication DVD you may consider "1911 .45 Auto-How to Shoot,Clean and Maintain" by Bill Wilson of Wilson Combat. Not only do you get the cleaning info, he also includes some basic shooting instruction as well. I picked mine up at a Gun Show for about $25.00, and I think they are available directly from the company as well @ www.Wilsoncombat.com

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
This file in link below is not exactly in your required category but - if new to the 1911 it may well give you a lot of familiarization. I have this on one of my servers. Right click on the link and save Flash file to view at leisure.

By clicking on different squares lower left - you can make different stuff visible. Play with it - I think you will enjoy. The guy who made that did a great job IMO and he is apparently working on making a 3D animation.

Superb Flash Animation of functioning 1911

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Springfield manual is pretty clear for cleaning

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) also makes good videos. I don't have a link but a google search should turn one up.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all your help everyone

1 - 10 of 10 Posts