Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Why don't you just send me the .44 mag, and you won't have to worry about the holster.

·
Administrator
144,028 Posts
Hey guys...that was an example. :slap:

There was some seller that was selling some really super nice western leather rigs on Ebay a few months ago. They were made in Mexico and they were really nice and the price was right.
I don't see him on there now though.
Some sellers drop off at around Christmas time if they are not going to be able to ship.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys...that was an example. :slap:

There was some seller that was selling some really super nice western leather rigs on Ebay a few months ago. They were made in Mexico and they were really nice and the price was right.
I don't see him on there now though.
Some sellers drop off at around Christmas time if they are not going to be able to ship.

I'm in no hurry, I won't be able to use it til Oct of next year anyway? :gah:

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
34" belt,must be a thigh holster:22a:

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
34" belt,must be a thigh holster:22a:

Now come on, I could get in a 34" belt. If i worked out 8 hours a day for the next 6 months

and stopped eating

and was naked

and nevermind........... it's a ankle holster :blink::image035::danceban::danceban:

·
Registered
41 Posts
What are you going to be doing. Horse back riding, ATV, walking, driving? I have come to find that a good cross drawn holster works best for me depending on the barrel length. 6" and over I like the cross drawn. 6" and less standard holster unless I am on horse back then I like a cowboy rig or a cross drawn holster.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What are you going to be doing. Horse back riding, ATV, walking, driving? I have come to find that a good cross drawn holster works best for me depending on the barrel length. 6" and over I like the cross drawn. 6" and less standard holster unless I am on horse back then I like a cowboy rig or a cross drawn holster.
walking/stalking until I get to the tree stand, then I take holster off and hang it in the tree stand. Were we hunt, it is very rugged country and I like to open carry my back up gun (44mag). The holster I have now is uncomfortable, so I want something that will hang lower on my hip.

·
Banned
480 Posts
for my 44mag when out hunting. I came across this site

http://www.oldtradingpost.com/old-w..._page=product_info&cPath=1_71&products_id=725

Prices seem reasonable, has anyone ever done any business with these folks?

I appreciate the feed back
I just ordered the HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER LEATHER gun belt and side holster (color black) for my Ruger New Vaquero from Old Trading Post today. Each order is custom made, no production line, shipping 2-5 weeks. Hope it's sooner. I did an EXTENSIVE SEARCH, Old Trading Post is very reasonable compared to all the others. I've been told their quality is excellent.

·
Super Moderator
19,785 Posts
Since you have time to shop, take a look at Simply Rugged holsters for some ideas. Rob's offerings are reasonably priced, and he's no stranger to carrying a heavy handgun in rough country.

·
Banned
480 Posts
Since you have time to shop, take a look at Simply Rugged holsters for some ideas. Rob's offerings are reasonably priced, and he's no stranger to carrying a heavy handgun in rough country.
The quality and the price of the rig I ordered really can't be beat. I've looked at rigs at more than twice the price I'm paying that are no better, most not even as nice. Even with my options of border stamping and color the price is exceptionally reasonable. I won't knock the competition, I'm just saying that what I ordered is exactly what I was wanting, and the price so reasonable, that I don't need to look further. I couldn't ask for more or be more pleased with what I got. It's a done deal. :hand10:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts