Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Colorado (just to illustrate my day-to-day struggles these days). My neighbor has never owned a gun but he wants on the bandwagon! We went and shot some of mine and he wants a Glock 19 Gen 4. IMHO the best choice for him, nice all round excellent gun.

Now the real problem: WHERE CAN WE FIND ONE?? I am posting on the forums i visit and participate in, hoping that someone can let me know if they saw one laying at a shop in Colorado or online without the dreaded "out of stock" phrase..

Let me know and thanks!

(and I didn't post this to be laughed at, I know I'm asking the impossible, so please keep digs and such to yourself, thanks)

·
Registered
407 Posts
at my local gun store they have a glock 19 gen 3 for 549$ its here in so-oregon though lol

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Check GunBroker and GunsAmerica auctions. That is, if you're still able to lawfully acquire firearms over the internet, from elsewhere.

Also check EliteDealSeeker.com, which electronically searches across many different forums for classified ads.

Might not find the best price, particularly in this seller's climate. But you'll find one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check GunBroker and GunsAmerica auctions. That is, if you're still able to lawfully acquire firearms over the internet, from elsewhere.

Also check EliteDealSeeker.com, which electronically searches across many different forums for classified ads.

Might not find the best price, particularly in this seller's climate. But you'll find one.
Cool site, thanks!

·
Registered
236 Posts
My local Gunbroker sells the G19 gen4 for $539 new (thats just under $600 after tax, registration, etc), but it's currently on an 8 week back order!! I can't wait for it to arrive..

·
Registered
448 Posts
I see them on Armslist.com often, sometimes the ad is a dealer and sometimes it's a private deal.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Be sure to pick up a 50rd drum for the new Glock, too: click.

That is, if there's a deadline date and existing mags are grandfathered in.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Really helpful to know what part of CO you're in. I realize that when most people say they live here, they think Boulder/Denver area, but there's a lot of state outside of that as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was a lucky dude today. I found and bought a NIB gen 4 g19 in FDE for $534.99. You can find a few around here if you keep looking. They are in and gone in a day or so.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Just for grins, I tried that for the dozen largest cities. Most were out, and the rest "allocated" to other folks. Zip, zilch, the big donut.

Patience is a virtue, though. At least, that's what Grandma always said.

OP: You'll find one. They're out there, as others have said. They're just hiding, playing coy.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Just for grins, I tried that for the dozen largest cities. Most were out, and the rest "allocated" to other folks. Zip, zilch, the big donut.

Patience is a virtue, though. At least, that's what Grandma always said.

OP: You'll find one. They're out there, as others have said. They're just hiding, playing coy,
Yeah, never really used the source myself. Just saw it on the Outdoor channel every once and awhile and thought I'd throw it out there. Glad I said "possibly" find one. Although I dare SA that the Glock 19 is probably one of the more sought after pistols out there at the moment. I could be wrong on that count as well, but with all the crap going on, I think the odds are in my favor.:wink:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Shoot straight inc. in tampa bay has them all the time I think they are one of the largest glock dealer in the US...Im sure they can ship to your local shop.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know where you can find a Glock 19 (and I'm not laughing)

There is a Gun Shop in Lafayette Colorado called Pri-Paird They have a great selection of Glocks! 303-666-1076 or pri-paird.com they are also on Facebook. They are having a big customer appreciation event this weekend April 12 & 13th. And Glock will be there and doing a gun give away!

I live in Colorado (just to illustrate my day-to-day struggles these days). My neighbor has never owned a gun but he wants on the bandwagon! We went and shot some of mine and he wants a Glock 19 Gen 4. IMHO the best choice for him, nice all round excellent gun.

Now the real problem: WHERE CAN WE FIND ONE?? I am posting on the forums i visit and participate in, hoping that someone can let me know if they saw one laying at a shop in Colorado or online without the dreaded "out of stock" phrase..

Let me know and thanks!

(and I didn't post this to be laughed at, I know I'm asking the impossible, so please keep digs and such to yourself, thanks)

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Guess he'll just have to suck it up and get an M&P...

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
If you're planning to buy the G19 online you may want to do some checking around at the local gun shops to find out what they charge for transfer fees.
In my experience, there's a wide range in these fees.
Online purchases save you sales tax...but shipping and FFL transfer fees can make up the difference.

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
Production shortages create a seller's market. But I hear most gun manufacturers are producing as fast as they can. I doubt that there is a run on guns from long time owners. I do believe the American citizen is waking up, and Seeing the political climate, see this right and freedom is under attack. They want in before thls right gets taken away from us by misguided leftists politicians.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks all but my post was more than a year old and lots has changed in the mean time. I've moved to the Great State of Texas and found more Glocks than I can afford!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts