Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an M&P 40c and usually carry it either in my Crossbreed Supertuck Horsehide or the Remora. When I carry it in the Remora I have the Remora mag carrier that I use for my spare mag. But I'm looking for something to use with the Supertuck. I was checking out the Crossbreed IWB tuckable mag carriers but I don't like the idea of the universal mold they use I'd prefer something made specific for the M&P 40c, and also the Crossbreed is quite expensive IMO for a mag carrier.

So any suggestions for either something similar to the tuckable IWB mag carrier from Crossbreed that's more affodable? Or even something OWB made of kydex? Ever use Kytex mag carrier? That is another manufacturer I was considering.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I use either a Fobus paddle style mag carrier, or a Desantis pocket magazine carrier. Both work very well for my carry method.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I have an M&P 40c and usually carry it either in my Crossbreed Supertuck Horsehide or the Remora. When I carry it in the Remora I have the Remora mag carrier that I use for my spare mag. But I'm looking for something to use with the Supertuck. I was checking out the Crossbreed IWB tuckable mag carriers but I don't like the idea of the universal mold they use I'd prefer something made specific for the M&P 40c, and also the Crossbreed is quite expensive IMO for a mag carrier.

So any suggestions for either something similar to the tuckable IWB mag carrier from Crossbreed that's more affodable? Or even something OWB made of kydex? Ever use Kytex mag carrier? That is another manufacturer I was considering.

Thanks

Quick-Ship Ammo Carriers Raven Concealment Systems makes great stuff.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
FWIW the SHTF Gear horizontal carrier is my favorite for single stack mags, but it doesn't work as well for me with double stack (works great for my Nano mags).

·
Registered
262 Posts
I actually have some Kytex single mag carriers for my Glock and 1911 mags and they work pretty well. I would reccomend going OWB, having both a gun and mags IWB can take up a lot of space pretty quickly, if you decide to go leather I would reccomend a pancake style mag carrier as the ones with loops on the back stick out too much which make them harder to conceal. The Kytex ones are an exception to this because of how thin they are and their ride height.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I've got a Fobus carrier but it sticks out too far for me. For the past 18 months I've carried two of the RM Holster's Kydex Mag Pouches. They are made for your specific mags, have a small footprint, fit close to the body, hold up well, and are reasonably priced ($20/each). This approach also gives you flexibility relative to belt loops. I couldn't be happier.

Products

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
When I carry my HK USP9 I run with the spare mag in a Garrett K-1. I love this carrier! You can adjust the tension, the cant and the orientation (that is to say you can mount it vertically or horizontally). It fits my gun belt very tightly and holds the mag very securely.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I'll throw another vote out for the kytex mag carriers. They are super slim and work really well.

Although I use a remora mag carrier now, I carry everything @ appendix now - comfy and no worries bending over/exposing anything.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Another +1 for the Kytex Shooting Gear mag pouches. Use them for my Glocks and Shield. Slim profile, comfortable and affordable.

Custom Carry Concepts makes their BCM mag pouch, which is almost the same but has a integrated belt loop.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well seems like the kytex is worth a try. For the price and good reviews seems like you can't beat it. I'll be telling the wife I want a couple for fathers day. I just wish they made a clip for the 1.5" belt width. Anybody run into any issues with the 1.75" clip on the kytex carriers? As far as ride height or movement when drawing a mag?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Well seems like the kytex is worth a try. For the price and good reviews seems like you can't beat it. I'll be telling the wife I want a couple for fathers day. I just wish they made a clip for the 1.5" belt width. Anybody run into any issues with the 1.75" clip on the kytex carriers? As far as ride height or movement when drawing a mag?
I wear a Wilderness 1.5" belt, but I like to tuck my mag pouches with clips back behind my pants and belt. I feel it holds secure, but also tighter to my body than just behind the belt. No issues.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I was a bit concerned about it too but I've had no issues with the mag carrier moving around on 1.5" leather or synthetic belt. The way the clip works and because it is between your pants and belt seems to keep it from shifting around. I don't have my belt cinched down super tight either.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
I use a SHTF Gear horizontal mag carrier. Hides easily, well made, looks great and works perfectly.

·
Registered
945 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I use a SHTF Gear horizontal mag carrier. Hides easily, well made, looks great and works perfectly.
Initially I was thinking horizontal was the way to go but I don't want to add more weight to my strong side and if the horizontal carrier is on the left it seems like it would be harder to draw the mag. Do you wear on the strong side or weak? Any problems drawing?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts